Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: This morning's Calgary Sun  (Read 2309 times)

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
This morning's Calgary Sun
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:03:22 AM »
Page 2 of the Sun has a full page write up on how irresponsible offroading is going to lead to big changes for trail use in our province.  They do give good praise for those organizations that are helping to protect our sport.  The article even mentions expanding our trail system.  I do hope that this works out in favor of responsible wheeling.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: This morning's Calgary Sun
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:39 AM »
http://www.calgarysun.com/news/columnists/michael_platt/2009/04/21/9184321-sun.html

i like it......... if they follow through with more enforcement on trails and designated trail systems.......
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »
I'm no treehugger, but I agree with this, it just sucks for all you responsible offroaders.
1991 YJ

Offline BBD

• Winch Wench
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 10:17:08 PM »
Having worked in the waiporous campgraounds, I hope the new restrictions will remove the unresponsible people from offroading, allowing those who use the trails properly can spend more time enjoying the ride and less time cleaning up after other thoughtless people.

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 09:47:50 PM »
I'm no treehugger, but I agree with this, it just sucks for all you responsible offroaders.

NO. this does not suck. This is GOOD news, This is what needs to happen and it is happening, many members of this and other clubs are out finding and planning sustainable trails. Rules, enforcement sustainable trails, this is the only way  ATV, Biking and 4 wheeling will continue in Alberta.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.