Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: vandalism  (Read 9016 times)

sebasshole

Re: vandalism
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 12:14:49 AM »
If you want to play it safe. get the recepts for all the damages they have done.
catch them in the act on video, follow them home. copy the recepts and mail
it to them with a copy of the tape. if they dont comply in paying the bills
take it to the police and small claims court.  i wouldnt let some punks get away
with wrecking my stuff and spending my money for me.

Or some hired goons to do some leg breaking, pm me if you want some numbers lol

just kidding..... but seriously....

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 07:49:43 AM »
 it really grinds my gears
LOL he said  it really grinds my gears  ;D
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 09:31:26 AM »
just tie them up, blind fold them and drive to the middle of Mclean and let the go (maybe in just their underwear and one shoe) in the middle of the night. I would think a nice three - four hour hike in the dark when you have no idea where you are may give them some thinking time...... I would also take all their ID and let them know that you know who the are and where they live.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline .:.Dingman.:.

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 10:05:45 AM »
So many ideas, I stayed up all night and saw no movement.  :(

Offline LifesGrand

• UberWheeler
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 10:54:06 AM »
That's why I suggested a cam, your going to beat yourself up trying to sleep with one eye open.
Also, nothing says more then a person caught in the act on tape when it comes to the right time.
We all use to be young at some point & taking matters into our own hands is not going to benefit anyone here, may just cause more problems for yourself.
Get some rest...
95 ZJ v8 Ltd.

I called the number on the T.V. set & turned my gold in for cash....

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
yes nathan many things grind my gears;) hahahaha other sayings i liek are 'gear down turbo' and 'easy on the nitrous' lol

again with the video cameras. great idea. but young punks are protected under the young offenders act; gotta love it.  We will allow kids to weapons (cars at age 16) but can't prosecute them for murder till their 18.   anyways, cameras will help you proove anything you want; but  there ain't much you can do' can't charge them, and they MIGTHT get some community time.  at best you'll get your stuff back.  maybe you can sue their parents.  cameras would be nice, but i'd just beat the hell out of them if u catch em.  who they gonna tell that believes them? they're kids remember?

here's an idea; set up an electromagnetic pulse sysem in the car. positivly charge the sheetmetal with a good 5000 volts or something. as soon as they touch the damn car ZAP.  nobody should be touching the car at night anyways right?

~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »
If you want to play it safe. get the recepts for all the damages they have done.
catch them in the act on video, follow them home. copy the recepts and mail
it to them with a copy of the tape. if they dont comply in paying the bills
take it to the police and small claims court.  i wouldnt let some punks get away
with wrecking my stuff and spending my money for me....

This is the most logical the only problem is if it goes to court all the layor has to ask is if you asked permmision to recored them - it's only legal to video tape property you own not driveways and allies.  This is my job

So park on your lawn and recored away - stupid loophole justice
1991 YJ

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 01:08:38 PM »
yes nathan many things grind my gears;) hahahaha other sayings i liek are 'gear down turbo' and 'easy on the nitrous' lol

again with the video cameras. great idea. but young punks are protected under the young offenders act; gotta love it.  We will allow kids to weapons (cars at age 16) but can't prosecute them for murder till their 18.   anyways, cameras will help you proove anything you want; but  there ain't much you can do' can't charge them, and they MIGTHT get some community time.  at best you'll get your stuff back.  maybe you can sue their parents.  cameras would be nice, but i'd just beat the hell out of them if u catch em.  who they gonna tell that believes them? they're kids remember?

here's an idea; set up an electromagnetic pulse sysem in the car. positivly charge the sheetmetal with a good 5000 volts or something. as soon as they touch the damn car ZAP.  nobody should be touching the car at night anyways right?

The justice system is garbage, but like I've said before I rather catch them in the act and do some parenting like their mommy and daddy should of.

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 02:07:34 PM »
If you were to post a video surveillance sign  on your property, and its line of sight just happened to carry a little further than your property I think a court would understand. The camera could have the main purpose of protecting your lawn gnomes from bad people.

With the pulse system , you might have to make a small puddle under your ride to get a good solid flow of juice to the little turds. And you might be able get their finger prints if the voltage is high enough, they'd be melted into your paint.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline LifesGrand

• UberWheeler
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »
Regardless of what the end result will be, obviously were all feeling for you.. Just don't burn yourself out over it, or get into the wrong type of trouble. 
It could be a simple as getting a highly sensitive alarm with motion or something???
Good luck & if you do catch them, make sure they spread the word to their friends that if caught...their most definitely will or can be consequences ..
95 ZJ v8 Ltd.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »
With the pulse system , you might have to make a small puddle under your ride to get a good solid flow of juice to the little turds. And you might be able get their finger prints if the voltage is high enough, they'd be melted into your paint.

i've got a power buffer, i'll get dem finger prints (or fingers) out....
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 10:37:24 AM »
Well where do I begin.

First the items:
big bucket
ice cubes
cold water
3 dogs

The good news I caught him.

The story.

I left the blinds open and sat there waiting, see a young kid walk up to my truck look around and decided to scratch it. I ran outside tossed said pail of freezing water on him he took off me and the dogs chased him for a good 2 blocks where I caught him.  Gave him 2 choices show me where he lives or let the dogs deal with him he agreed to show me where he lived, on the way I told him if anything else happens to my property or anybody else's stuff  I will be blaming him and he will be making everything "all well".  we walked back to about 20-30 feet from the scene of the crime where his house is. I woke his mom told her what happened and she told me "get lost you creep and if you touch my son again I will sue you" well alright lady whatever you say so I left went back to my house and reported it to the cops. The cops filed a report and now I'm just waiting to hear back.

Good job Calgary Jeep Forum.

Offline LifesGrand

• UberWheeler
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
No kidding... That's awesome!
How old is this puke of a kid?
See, it all came down to parenting, the nerve of this woman to not deal with this matter & her bastard child!
Did you ask him why he's been targeting you specifically?
95 ZJ v8 Ltd.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 11:29:48 AM »
WOW!!!
If I had ever been caught and brought home by someone I don't think I would have seen the light of day until I was 30.... which wasn't that long ago. My dad would have beaten me within an inch of my life.
 And then I got married... same difference.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 11:57:56 AM »
How young?  If he's quite young, call Social Services and report her for failing to supervise a young child.  If she doesn't want to "parent", let her deal with them.

If young enough, yes, do this.  There is nothing worse than parents who don't take responsibility.  This kid is not out here doing these things because he comes from a home where he is being taught how to properly respect things.  Perhaps a good foster home might be the best thing for him.

Gee, I hope nothing happens to the lady's property or vehicle or their family cat gets eaten....that would be a shame.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com