Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Swine flu..  (Read 9778 times)

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
Re: Swine flu..
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
one thing to remember about killing zombies. Blades dont need reloading.

I'm also thinking - with killing the zombies, bacon would be in abundance!
'99 With 31's

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 04:59:04 PM »
'99 With 31's

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »
herashio cane, just a hero

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »
All joking aside, I do agree that perhaps the media is making this seem more extreme then it may be, but I do feel there is need for some level of concern, based solely on the highly contagious nature of H1N1 virus, and due to the fact that it is spreading so rapidly. So wash your hands people,  or I might just have to get Matt Sakatch to blow your heads off from 1000 yards!
-Adam

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 05:17:12 PM »
It is kinda scary knowing there is no vaccine and there may not be one for another few months.
Also, the fact that it is killing healthy young mexicans, and others are only mildly affected.

I believe I also heard that it can be biologically produced, but who would do that, terrorists?
Jeep
With stuff

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
The T virus was biologically produced, that didnt work out well for racoon city now did it.

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 05:32:14 PM »
Ever seen the movie "Outbreak"? ;D  They are going to fire bomb Mexico!  I'm going to go watch a movie at a theater tonight and start caughing and blowing my nose like crazy.  We'll see how many people get freaked out and leave. 
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 05:33:34 PM »
hahah wear a mask too just for effect, and get someone to mist your face so you look clammy

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »

Offline Duncan71

• Budget Lift
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 06:07:08 PM »
Haha, lets see who makes fun of me now for ordering that gas mask and stock piling ammunition!   The only question I need answered now is after supply lines and food sources are depleted, what is the best way to cook and cannabilize my neighbors!

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 06:10:12 PM »
Here's the issue: everyone has normal antibodies for normal flu, but people under the age of 2 and over 65 are more at risk.  However, with new strains of flu, NO ONE has antibodies for it....so basically, if you do catch it, then you are S.O.L. just like a 2 year old or frail senior over 65 would be....you might be fine, you might be toast (err....bacon?).

So let's see....in 16 countries now, and no one has antibodies in their blood to fight against it....the Pooh post is funny, but also hits kinda close to home. :)
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 07:05:33 PM »
I love Bacon.... The Swine Flu virus has nightmare about me.... ;D

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 07:17:38 PM »
Here's the issue: everyone has normal antibodies for normal flu, but people under the age of 2 and over 65 are more at risk.  However, with new strains of flu, NO ONE has antibodies for it....so basically, if you do catch it, then you are S.O.L. just like a 2 year old or frail senior over 65 would be....you might be fine, you might be toast (err....bacon?).

So let's see....in 16 countries now, and no one has antibodies in their blood to fight against it....the Pooh post is funny, but also hits kinda close to home. :)

If I understand the whole flu thing from years of it being on the news....  Every year the flu mutates just a bit, this is why the flu shot doesnt always work.  So in reality there so far is nothing new here.  I do understand that when you get numbers on flu deaths from mexico you may not be getting accurate numbers.  I don't think they do an autopsy on all the old or young and that thier numbers may be a bit skewed as to how deadly this virus is.  Everyone that has caught it in Canada just has the usual mild flu symptoms.....  But then again I may be totally out in left field.  I am booked to go to cancun on the 15th of my and am not sure yet what i will do.  I am in wait and see mode.  So to ease my mind I am going to go jeeping tomorrow and saturday!!!!  ;)

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 07:29:46 PM »
Every year, the normal influenza strain mutates a bit....we're talking about a completely different strain that no one has had before. 

Complete mutation, not just a bit.

Complete. Zombie. Mutation.

`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 07:34:11 PM »
I read some news post that most people will recover from this with no medicine I think it's a little blown out of proportion, and swine is not the correct nomenclature here dude, it's Sus Domestica, please. Anyways, there are different regulations for food prep of swines, the flu has nothing to do with da bacon.
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.