Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Swine flu..  (Read 9777 times)

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
Swine flu..
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:23:05 PM »
People at work here are going nuts. Emails have been sent out, blah blah... Quite frankly, I believe this has gone way to far. I am pretty sure ANY flu can put your life at risk if you're not healthy, a baby, or coming of age.

What do you guys think?
'99 With 31's

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Swine flu..
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:25:49 PM »
Next people will want to boycott the pork industry.  Most people will trust what the media hypes and stuffs down their throat.

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 04:35:55 PM »
you cant get it form eating pork, but seeing as how the World Health Organization has declared a level 5 pandemic alert, and the virus has spread to 16 countries in a matter of days I dont think its blown out of preportion

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:39:43 PM »
The only reason it is at a 5 alert is because it has been found in (like you said) 16 countries, and that's it. I don't think they base it on deaths or what not, it's just the fact of it coming up in so many different countries now that it is getting up there... What about the common flu? Isn't THAT in every country? That must be a lvl 7! :-[
'99 With 31's

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:42:10 PM »
I think it has gone to far too, but i also believe there will be a day when some infection or disease will become a BIG worldwide problem, the only thing is they blow every little flu virus out of control, kinda the cry wolf thing, so I don't care anymore, lol. 

I think it has gone to far, let it go media
1991 YJ

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
four more cases today in calgary, guys it wont be long before this swine flu starts turning people into zombies, then what huh?????

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »
four more cases today in calgary, guys it wont be long before this swine flu starts turning people into zombies, then what huh?????

Hahaha! I totally agree.. But, if this swine flu doesn't start the zombie apocalypse, then I don't want to hear about it everyday in the news! :P
'99 With 31's

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 04:50:14 PM »
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 04:50:47 PM »
Theres 156 dead mexicans coming back to life ploting their revenge against everyone else right now. better start thinking about where your gunna hide out during the invansion. Ive got my spot ready. Do you?

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 04:51:26 PM »
'99 With 31's

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 04:52:05 PM »
hahaha no i like it

Offline Whiskeymetal

• Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 04:52:51 PM »
Hahaha! I love the Pooh picture... Epic!
'99 With 31's

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:00 PM »
one thing to remember about killing zombies. Blades dont need reloading.

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:37 PM »
fug that is great
1991 YJ

Offline .:.Dingman.:.

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 04:54:18 PM »
"Of the three genera of human flu, two are endemic also in swine: Influenzavirus A is common and Influenzavirus C is rare.[2] Influenzavirus B has not been reported in swine. Within Influenzavirus A and Influenzavirus C, the strains endemic to swine and humans are largely distinct.

Swine flu is common in swine in the midwestern United States (and occasionally in other states), Mexico, Canada, South America, Europe (including the United Kingdom, Sweden, and Italy), Kenya, China, Japan, Taiwan, and other parts of eastern Asia.[1]

Swine flu is rare in humans. People who work with swine, especially people with intense exposures, are at risk of catching swine influenza if the swine carry a strain able to infect humans. However, these strains infrequently circulate between humans as SIV rarely mutates into a form able to pass easily from human to human. In humans, the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza and of influenza-like illness in general, namely chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness and general discomfort.

The 2009 flu outbreak in humans that is widely known as "swine flu" apparently is not due to a swine influenza virus. It is due to a new strain of influenza A virus subtype H1N1 that derives from one strain of human influenza virus, one strain of avian influenza virus, and two separate strains of swine influenza virus. The origins of this new strain are unknown, and the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) reports that this strain has not been isolated in swine.[3] It passes with apparent ease from human to human, an ability attributed to an as-yet unidentified mutation.[4] The strain in most cases causes only mild symptoms and the infected person makes a full recovery without requiring medical attention and without the use of antiviral medicines.[5]"