Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Brink's '09 Mods  (Read 23112 times)

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
Re: Brink's '09 Mods
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »
Dash almost finished up.  Just got the panels on the sides of the console left.  Switches are covered and the CD player is also.  Kill switch and rear steer mounted now also...

Actually drove it on and off the trailer to get it down for new driveshafts.  Just not thinking the 1310's will hold up behind the new powerplant.  Here it is sitting on it's own...

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 04:20:30 PM »
Love the cockpit.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 09:58:17 PM »
Just a quick update for those that are asking.

Swaybar is on in front....

And the driveshafts from Alberta Driveline are done...

Spent 2 days on a chasis dyno trying to tune the fuel injection system on the Caddy.  We had major software problems and are still working on it.  Hopefully we can get that done soon so I can get this thing on a trail like it belongs

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2010, 09:05:42 PM »
So the update is that I've had some issues with the engine.  Massive overheating....followed by bottom end knock.  Turned out to be 3 rod bearings had spun.  So out it came and off to the machine shop it went.

So engine is still out.  Finally got around to ordering the parts for the rebuild.  Maximum Torque Specialties is hooking me up on everything to rebuild it plus a hotter cam, and upgraded valve-train.

New higher performance fans are also on their way from Hendrick Motorsports.  Big thanks to Scott for the hookup on them.  Also sending me a new FAST EFI system.  It's completely self tuning so no more trips to the chassis dyno, unless  I'm just curious about numbers.  Uses a wide-band O2 and constantly tunes permanently.  Should never be able to get the engine out of tune period.

New front steering also arrived.  Always like the single ended ram's price, but never the look of it or the mounting location.  New PSC double ended ram needed a new home on the front axle.  Also meant major reworking of the tracbar to clear it.  The ram mounts right where the tracbar used to run.  After plenty of head scratching the tracbar found its new home.  Need to add some missing jam nuts, and swap some grade 5 hardware for grade 8 but it's pretty much good to go....

truss with steering on it at full compression....

tracbar mounted and sitting at ride height...

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2010, 10:33:36 PM »
Modified the high steer arms to make them double sheer tonight.  Much like the Ballistic arms except mine are under the arm instead of over.  Same idea of a bolt on second piece to provide the bolt with proper support on the other side of the heim....(yes the grade 5 hardware needs to be changed out)

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
Engine is back from the machine shop.  Took the time to paint it up and get it ready for reassembly.  Should go back together in about a week using the nice big boxes of parts from MTS.  Pretty much a stock rebuild except for the upgraded cam, lifters, and valve springs.....

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
Should come out something like this....

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2010, 03:43:39 PM »
i think i just wet my pants ......excuse me for a minute ............................................................. that thing looks sweet and mean all at the same instant
newfies are everywhere

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2010, 04:01:11 PM »
I've moved the rad up behind my head. Couple reasons....obviously looking for more airflow after having cooling issues already, but also looking for a little more usable space in the buggy for tools/food/parts and stuff. Leaves lots of room under it for that. Also took the rad in to have a little leak fixed....rad shop tells me it's NFG go figure. So I have a new AFCO aluminum rad on the way. Biggest double pass they make. In the meanwhile it changes things from the AN style fittings on the old rad to normal inlet outlets. So the plumbing got changed.....

Also took out the tiny 2.5" exhaust that had been run and replaced it with some 3.5"...

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »
Shock mounts all needed changing also. I've gone from the 2.0 remote res coilovers to 2.5" Piggybacks. The lengths are different for the same amount of travel so things needed to be moved.

Rears neded top and bottoms done...

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »
Fronts I just had to do the tops. Which of course snowballs into work on the engine cage and some openings in the hood for the hoops to peek through....

Offline SilverTJ

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2010, 04:11:45 PM »
Looking Good Eric!!
This is what my jeep wants to be when it grows up ;D
04 TJ - custom 8 ball shift knob

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2010, 10:27:26 PM »
MODS WANT TO MOVE THIS TO THE NEW BUILDUP SECTION????

Thanks

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2010, 10:33:56 PM »
Update...Feels like I'm getting close again.

Rad's new home....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/etbrink/P10101003.jpg

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »
Required a new shroud of course.  And the new very impressive Derale fans are mounted.  They have HUGE bosch motors on them...should pull a ton of air...