Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: licence suspention  (Read 7657 times)

joker

Re: licence suspention
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 03:30:30 PM »
Ya two at 15km. I have been driving for awhile got my learners on my 14th b day, and my drivers on my 16th. And one of my tickets is because my cruise control went syco and wouldnt shut off or slow down, and came on by its self. and the tail light i didnt fight because taking a day off work is not worth the 60 dollar ticket. and if i didnt count for demeret's then i wouldnt have 8

Offline ndub

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:17 PM »
You must have more tickets that the 2 x 15 over as that only adds up to 4 points.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 03:49:31 PM »
Ya two at 15km. I have been driving for awhile got my learners on my 14th b day, and my drivers on my 16th. And one of my tickets is because my cruise control went syco and wouldnt shut off or slow down, and came on by its self. and the tail light i didnt fight because taking a day off work is not worth the 60 dollar ticket. and if i didnt count for demeret's then i wouldnt have 8

I am sorry but excuses are for children.  You were breaking the law, suck it up and take it like a man.  As stated eariler driving is not a right, it is a priviledge so treat it like one.  I too think it is BS that you can just apply for your full license and get out of it.

As for comparison, I have been driving for 11 years and I have had 3 tickets.  2 were because I was definitely speeding and the 3rd was a little questionnable, but it was again breaking the law.
'95 YJ with a few mods

joker

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 05:40:00 PM »
I am sorry but excuses are for children.  You were breaking the law, suck it up and take it like a man.  As stated eariler driving is not a right, it is a priviledge so treat it like one.  I too think it is BS that you can just apply for your full license and get out of it.

As for comparison, I have been driving for 11 years and I have had 3 tickets.  2 were because I was definitely speeding and the 3rd was a little questionnable, but it was again breaking the law.

excuses are for children? And yet i had to get the cruise control fixed? And i did suck it up i paid the ticket.

Also do accedents give you demerits?

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 05:50:28 PM »
What did you hit? I think it depends

joker

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »
backed into a guy that was in a no parking zone

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 09:33:25 PM »
damn i might have to agree with everyone .. maybe you should get it taken away for a little bit ..

not saying i dont speed i probably have more demerits then everyone on this site put together but i have been driving for 10 years

i just got my first ticket with my jeep
and i think its kinda stupid but it happened so now i got to pay even more for insurance
so maybe it would be a good lesson

then again i dont know where you got your 2 speeding tickets might be a stupid speed trap and you just were in the wrong place at the wrong time . but i know my jeep doesnt see over 105 on the highway so maybe its time to just relax on that little pedal

my 2cents
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

joker

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 10:03:11 PM »
When i first got my licence i sped ALOT, stupidly. then i got my first ticket when i was 16. My second speeding ticket was because my cruise control was buggered i would of fought it but at the time i didnt want to take the 1 day off work to fight the 120$ ticket. And then just recently i got a failier to obbey trafic control device(forgot about this one), wich i did do no excuse but the circumstances at hand i couldnt belive he gave me the ticket. but since my last speeding ticket, the most i do is 115 in 110 maby. trust me i learnt my leason about speeding. i may have only had 6 years behind the wheel but i drive ALOT,  I put 85k on my ranger in 2 years.

joker

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 10:05:02 PM »
i just full of bad luck. lol

Offline SOMETHING WICKED

• Budget Lift
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 10:53:40 PM »
Everyone makes mistakes. The ticked doesn't go on your record untill you pay for it or are convicted at your court date. Get your licence before that and you will be ok. Just don't blow it from there, slow down and stay off the phone. Too bad you speak English, or you could tottally get away with it.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 11:00:17 PM »
but since my last speeding ticket, the most i do is 115 in 110 maby. trust me i learnt my leason about speeding. 

doesn't sound like you did.... 115 in a 110 zone is still speeding.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline adamnigh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:55 PM »
i didnt know a messed up cruise control affected the break pedal

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 12:58:28 AM »
i didnt know a messed up cruise control affected the break pedal

my brother has a car that the cruise is buggered .. when descending a hill the car wont coast so it picks up speed and then it maintains that speed
so if your doing a long drive lets say calgary to reedeer  there are a few valleys so you set your cruise at 110km after the construction in airdre by the time you hit didsbury your doing 125

kinda anoying but you learn to watch it .

im glad my jeep has trouble getting up to 110km so less worries

except my last ticket was 120km in a 80km zone . thats was shity
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 07:50:03 AM »
I lost my liscence for three months due to too many demerits, taking the bus sucks a$$!  I learnt my lesson though, traded the camaro for a jeep, a civic and an old s-10.  No matter how hard I try none of them will do the speed limit. ;D  Oh, by the way, the civic is for sale.  $300, you wont get any speeding tickets in this one!

Comes with an awesome security system!  The homeless guy that sleeps in the back seat will make sure no one takes your $hit!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:00:55 AM by The Machinist »
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 08:39:57 AM »
If you are in Calgary and get ticketed, you should always go see the Justice of the Peace as soon as the ticket arrives there. They open early, it is a waiting line, so get there early.
They will reduce money or points. You just ask. They want a reason and a truthful non whiney one is best.

As for your dilemma joker. If the legal system offers a loop hole, than it is your Canadian right to benefit from the loophole.
i would hire a lawyer to prevent the loss of my license so it looks like you may get lucky without needing to lawyer up.

As somethingwicked stated, treat your license with more respect.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.