Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: licence suspention  (Read 7655 times)

joker

licence suspention
« on: May 31, 2009, 04:03:28 PM »
My licence got suspended due to demerit points, but my question is this. I have a GDL licence wich only gives u 8 demerit's. if i go get my full licence before the suspension starts ill only have 8/15 point, so would i still lose it. or is my loop hole, loopless

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
Re: licence suspention
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
You're done....wait until the suspension is over. They won't appreciate it much if you were to try and get your license back that way.
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »
You cant get your full lic since you are suspended and need to do the advanced road test to get the GDL rider removed

joker

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:37:03 PM »
im not suspended till june 25

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 08:19:03 PM »
I dunno, maybe call the registry then? :o

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 10:05:07 PM »
been there done that ... get it as fast as you can so when you go to court or when the suspension starts it will come off your full license .

it happened to me .

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Sandman

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:25:30 AM »
my buddy had this dilema, got off GDL and he got to keep it

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
my buddy had this dilema, got off GDL and he got to keep it

Thats absolutely rediculous.  A licence suspension is usually indicative of a serious problem with a driver, you shouldnt just be allowed to change the classification of your licence and get out of it.  Especially considering the fact that you are under the GDL program, this should be an automatic loss for 6 months at a minimum.  Before I get jumped on, I am younger and I have a GDL for the moment.

Sandman

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 12:18:32 PM »
gotta love loopholes in the legal system

joker

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 01:01:53 PM »
6 months for 2 15km speed tickets and a broken tail light?

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »
Under GDL rules, yes.

The tailight ticket should have been easy to get the points taken off.  Just show up with proof its fixed, pay the fine with no points.

Caddy

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »
or maybe stop speeding? you know whatever.

and on another note you dont get points on your license for a broken tail light. its not a traffic violation. its a broken tail light.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »
6 months for 2 15km speed tickets and a broken tail light?

There are a lot of very poor drivers on the road already. GDL is designed to get drivers to EARN their license, not just pick up a full-blown license after a fifty question written test and a thiry minute road test. Anyone can behave themselves for thirty minutes.

Picking up three tickets during the period of time that you've had a GDL is indicative of a behaviour pattern. The time that you have a GDL is a time when you need to prove that you are able to follow the rules - you are on probation. The fact that your license is being suspended before you are off probation means that you're not ready for a full license. I can't comment on the validity or fairness of each of thse tickets that you picked up...but I can say that three tickets in a short period of time is unusual. Fraser's probably right about being able to get out of the points for the tail light.

The other question is why you have a GDL now - I know that you've been driving for a while. Are you in the process of getting it back?

I'm not trying to be hard on you...I'm just explaining my understanding of how the system is supposed to work.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 03:13:42 PM »
6 months for 215 km,  you got lucky. I got four years for 229 km and there was on interview after the four years to get mr D.L. back and yes I did need a behaveral pattern change. Since then I,m lucky to get a ticket every three years or so.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:28:47 PM by morerpmfred »

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
I think he meant 2 tickets 15 over. not one for 215kph
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.