Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Waiparous June 27  (Read 6867 times)

Offline JK-09

• Winch Wench
Re: Waiparous June 27
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 01:10:46 PM »
I think we are going to let this one go by.  We have some work to do on our baby.  Catch you next time! :(

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 01:46:52 PM »
Sweetness I've never been to waiparous...even tho i live so close. always go to mclean. I dont have a rear tow hook and am running basically stock 03 TJ with beauty tires. Can i still come? I dont know if ill have time to get a rear before sat because i work all day.

PS I have a bright yellow recovery strap ;) I mean....thats gotta count for something right :P

Im gonna assume that you have the stock front TJ hooks?  Do you have a trailer hitch at all?

As long as you have good tread (60%+) you should be fine.  I had to run this trail in 2wd after I destroyed my front end last year.

Offline jandh

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »
I think I'm out.  Won't know till the last min, so don't wait on me ::)
1991 YJ

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 02:56:49 PM »
I have the factory hook from an '04 Rubi sitting around...
Hey i like that. Feel like seelin it?
I have 2 Rugged Ridge 10k lb ers on the front and nothin on the back. I was looking into a hitch cause i really like the dirtbike thinger that you can buy for it. My tires are good silent armor aggressive tread but still stockish.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
So far it seems like a good run. :)  So far we have 7 rigs coming plus myself

Turbojohngt
Jenn1981
W Squared
Slimbeam
Jeepers29
A friend of Jeepers26
Youngfluff03TJ

Offline turbojohngt

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 04:19:53 PM »
Looking forward to this,Where is smittys in cochrane?And should I have all the soft top windows in  ;D
07  Sahara, silver (AKA The Minivan) 4 door jacked with toys.
08 Rubi clone, Detnator yellow 2 door bare bones.
04 Srt-4, The fully built 450 hp 11sec family car.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 04:24:04 PM »
I wouldnt worry about roof/windows, there are a few water crossings though.  Smittys is next to the Husky, Motel 8 on the road in.

If anyone wants to meet, I'll be leaving from my parents place so we could meet at the chinook parking lot.  I'll be leaving the lot at around 8:00-8:15.  My cell is 403-862-7230.

Offline jeepers26

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 04:30:20 PM »
I have me and my buddy in my rig..only one rig
02 Grand Cherokee Overland
6.5" Ironrock Offroad long arm lift (front)
33" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
Iceland Offroad winch bumper (no winch yet :( )
Iceland Offroad  cut-out fender flares
Garmin GPS
Cobra CB

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 08:50:40 PM »
I wouldnt worry about roof/windows, there are a few water crossings though.  Smittys is next to the Husky, Motel 8 on the road in.

If anyone wants to meet, I'll be leaving from my parents place so we could meet at the chinook parking lot.  I'll be leaving the lot at around 8:00-8:15.  For a good time, call 403-862-7230.

Fixed it for ya  ;)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 09:22:36 PM »
Fixed it for ya  ;)

I had to read that twice, meeting place doesnt change

Offline JK-09

• Winch Wench
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 05:48:56 PM »
 >:( >:( >:(I had to work hope to go on the next one

Black Cheep

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2009, 08:29:39 AM »
Thanks guys, the kids had a blast.  We had a really good time, and seeing the falls was a nice touch.  All we heard about the next day was our wheeling adventures.  I know that there were a ton of pictures going on that day, I was just wondering if anyone had snapped a couple of us.  I was driving the black rig with the red bumpers.  If you also have a pic or two of slim doing his run through the mud with his doors off, please send a pic of that one.  That was priceless.  Silly me, I never thought of using the ice scraper on the inside of the windshield to remove the excess mud.  Good thinking!!

Thanks again for your hospitality, and I will see if I can make it out to your next event.

Cheers,

Randy

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2009, 08:47:17 AM »
I'm glad that everyone had a good run.

And Black Cheep....that is one serious YJ.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Black Cheep

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »
Thanks, I try.  My friends say I put the *ss in Class.  Rubber boots and shorts, it was a fun day.  However, I would still like to see some pics.  I will dig through the camera and post anything good that we have.

Cheers,

Randy

Offline turbojohngt

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 07:18:57 PM »
Thanks guys, the kids had a blast.  We had a really good time, and seeing the falls was a nice touch.  All we heard about the next day was our wheeling adventures.  I know that there were a ton of pictures going on that day, I was just wondering if anyone had snapped a couple of us.  I was driving the black rig with the red bumpers.  If you also have a pic or two of slim doing his run through the mud with his doors off, please send a pic of that one.  That was priceless.  Silly me, I never thought of using the ice scraper on the inside of the windshield to remove the excess mud.  Good thinking!!

Thanks again for your hospitality, and I will see if I can make it out to your next event.

Cheers,

Randy

you have mail... ;)
07  Sahara, silver (AKA The Minivan) 4 door jacked with toys.
08 Rubi clone, Detnator yellow 2 door bare bones.
04 Srt-4, The fully built 450 hp 11sec family car.