Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: monday sept 7  (Read 7314 times)

Offline mrbeggins

• Budget Lift
monday sept 7
« on: September 06, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
whos headin out on the 7th? mclean that is. im up for leadin a trail. thinkin fisher east, or sylvester? i read that thread you guys were talking about fisher east. dont think it'll be to bad, its been fairly warm these last couple of days. let me know what you guys think?

Tanner.

P.S. i know wsquard wants to do that one...eh todd? hahah  :P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 11:40:51 AM by mrbeggins »

Offline slimbeam

• UberWheeler
  • 4" RE,3"body,35"rubber,dana 44 rear,sye,KEW winch
Re: monday sept 7
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »
I'll be out,   fischer east works for me need min 31s , winch, front + rear tow points to do it but will see who all shows up and decide then, 9am at the store
I started out with nothing and so far I have most of it left

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
whos headin out on the 7th? mclean that is. im up for leadin a trail. thinkin fisher east, or sylvester? i read that thread you guys were talking about fisher east. dont think it'll be to bad, its been fairly warm these last couple of days. let me know what you guys think?

Tanner.

P.S. i know wsquard wants to do that one...eh todd? hahah  :P

With you and slimbeam, I'd be down for it. A small group of experienced drivers that all have equipped rigs (read winches, snatch blocks, and know how to use them) and it would be fine.

The problem is that I'm still working on a way to put pontoons on my JK. If I can't do that, I'll have to get a VERY long snorkel to get there in time (I'm in Iran). ;)
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »
I'll come, if it gets too deep we can allways turn around.  Should be fun! ;)  Besides, flooding my interior will help keep my feet cool in all this hot weather.
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
I'd be down for headin to Mclean Monday but i am not sure about this fisher east business... I am on 33's with tow points but no winch, Will i be fine or should i wait around and see if anyone wants to do a trail thats a bit less abusive?

Offline mrbeggins

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 04:49:36 PM »
You will be fine, Just bring tow rope

Tanner

Offline jenn1981

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »
I'd be up for going out again tomorrow...but don't think I can do fisher east.  Got the 31"s but no winch or lift.  Would just be tow straps.
2008 JK Rubicon

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
 i would run fisch east with a few well equipped jeeps too. even when its 'not that bad' i've seen it pretty nasty.  i wouldn't want to run it to be honest.  for you guys itchin to run it, i'll be leading an open run in the fall (november)  and you can see why;  in november all the bad stuff is frozen over so its not too bad. its different in the summer!!!!  plus i hate mud

so i vote for sylvester trail. don't know if i've run, can't remember the names of half of them.  i'd love to run shortcut to valley trail and see if it still pops out on fisch west, but i don't even know if it does nemore.........
regardless i'll be at the store 915
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline jenn1981

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 05:17:10 PM »
I am up for Sylvester...not that I know which one that is...see you guys in the morning 9ish
2008 JK Rubicon

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 05:22:17 PM »
Yeah I'll be there tommorow at around 9 as well probably stick slyvester trail or whatever run

Offline mrbeggins

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »
well im guessing for those guys who arn't locked and loaded front and back then fisher east probably wont be your best bet. if anyone has any other suggestions then, feel free to bring them up. regardless ill be at the store for 9 getting ready.

Offline jenn1981

• Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »
I might be a couple of minutes late getting to the store...have to friend coming with that gets off work at 8:30 so can't leave Calgary until 8:45ish...but we will be there
2008 JK Rubicon

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 06:22:23 PM »
I'll be out with the wife and kids.
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 09:16:42 PM »
If a couple rigs are considering a more relaxed, less stress trail as it appears to be unfolding to maybe two groups, I'd be on for that. I'm not interested in mud since the third grade and would love to relax, enjoy the outdoors and take some photos. If that's an option with a couple others I'll head down from Red Neck Deer.

Something to consider: Esks vs. Skanks at 5:30 pm. I'm an Esks ticket holder and I intend to be home to watch this game from Calgary on TSN. That would have me leaving Cochrane by 3:30.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 10:00:22 PM »
with how dry maclean is right now those holes are STICKY mud i hit a few holes on another trail on my 33 boggers and just made it because of the sheer fact the mud is so thick but the boggers pulled me through
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers