Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• Thanksgiving Open: October 10, 2009

Author Topic: Scheduled run for October 10th - UPDATED - PLEASE RE-READ POST #1  (Read 10046 times)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
I will now be leading the open run on Saturday the 10th.  :)

Most of the interest in this run seems to be coming from people with reasonable rigs, so here are the requirements:

Good quality MT's with plenty of tread
Front and rear recovery points
CB

Destination...I dunno...where do we want to go?

If the forecast for this week is accurate, this might be an interesting run.  :o
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 07:18:10 PM by w squared »
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Re: Scheduled run for October 10th
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 07:18:16 AM »
I see that there's an open run on the calendar for next weekend (1oth) and nobody listed to lead it.

Of course, given that I missed the September meeting, it's entirely possible that I'm just out of the loop.

Has anything been planned? I'm definitely in for that run - hopefully even with a lift installed by then.  :)

Try reading the minutes posted in the members section  ;D
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:48:18 AM »
Thanks.  :-[
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:49:17 AM »
I... missed the September meeting, it's entirely possible that I'm just out of the loop.

Has anything been planned? I'm definitely in for that run - hopefully even with a lift installed by then.  :)

It looks like we have a volunteer!  where we going?
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 07:55:22 AM »
Ummm....sure?

I'm thinking that this run is the "Thanksgiving" run - the one that Bnine is leading...but maybe I'm still out of the loop. I seem to be confused a lot since I've gottne back from the middle east.  ;D

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:11:55 AM »
I'm just harassing you... I have no clue but since it is the Thanksgiving weekend then it does seem like a pretty good guess.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 09:59:27 AM »
there's plenty of turkeys around to lead this run... someone gobble up
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline muffintop

• UberWheeler
  • You spilled my macchiato!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 05:57:28 PM »
where we going?

I spoke with Bnine and he mentioned Fisher East as a possibility... but maybe he was just trying to scare me... which is gonna be hard to do after "double up" from 2 Saturdays ago :o

Oh ya... count me in :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:03:06 PM by muffintop »
2014 Jeep SRT
2009 Jeep XK, 5.7L, 3" lift & AEV rims
2003 Jeep TJ, 4.5L stroker, 38's, custom long arm, 609 HP diffs, atlas, coil overs, full hydro, etc.
1997 Jeep TJ, 4.0L, 35's, Clayton long arm, locked SAG30, locked SAG35, coil overs, air bumps

Offline turbojohngt

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 06:15:20 PM »
Ditto  :)
07  Sahara, silver (AKA The Minivan) 4 door jacked with toys.
08 Rubi clone, Detnator yellow 2 door bare bones.
04 Srt-4, The fully built 450 hp 11sec family car.

Offline allanbr

• Winch Wench
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »
Is the Oct 10 still an open ride?  If so, where/when is everyone staging?  I'd like to join in for another ride in my quest toward membership.   I've only made it out to one open club ride  (Jeeping 101). 
I'm running an essentially stock '99 Sahara (with the addition of  front and rear recovery bumpers, winch and 31" Pro-Comp MT's) Will my rig measure up for the planned run?
'12 Rubicon Unlimited  (3.5" AEV dualsport lift, 35" Duratracs, AEV front & rear bumpers, Warn 9.5ti winch )

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 03:48:36 PM »
We usually meet @ 9:00 am at the store.  I think we are a bit up in the air as to who is leading.  (Bnine is unbale to lead now).  There should be a few members out there.  We can see what rigs show and divide into groups at that point. 

I'm sure w squared will have his fancy-schmancy lift buttoned up and be eager to lead  ;D
04 TJ Rubi

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 07:20:48 PM »
We usually meet @ 9:00 am at the store.  I think we are a bit up in the air as to who is leading.  (Bnine is unbale to lead now).  There should be a few members out there.  We can see what rigs show and divide into groups at that point. 

I'm sure w squared will have his fancy-schmancy lift buttoned up and be eager to lead  ;D

Yes to the leading, maybe to the lift. Still waiting on my rear spring retainers  ???

Let's hear some suggestions on where we'd like to go. I've got a couple of ideas, but I don't have my mind set on any one thing.

Offline Avalanche

• Baby Wheeler
Re: Scheduled run for October 10th - UPDATED - PLEASE RE-READ POST #1
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 07:48:45 PM »
I would be interested in heading out for the day before it gets to Icy.

Todd

Offline Sprockett

• Budget Lift
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »
Quirk Ridge?
My greatest fear is that when I die, my wife sell all my stuff for what I said I paid for it.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 08:28:56 PM »
Quirk Ridge?

Maybe. One of the big factors for Quirk Ridge is the size of the group. There's not a lot of room at the top.