Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Pick-N-Pull  (Read 6824 times)

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
Pick-N-Pull
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:44:50 PM »
Just a heads up....Pick-n-pull has 5 explorers with the 8.8 31 spline axles with disc brakes (or had 5, now they only have 4...lol). They've also got a couple older explorers with the 8.8 31 spline with drum brakes.
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Pick-N-Pull
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »
How much?  Are they already pulled?

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »
i was just there. some of them look like they are in good condition. most are still in tact.  fras theres a couple of V8 limteds there too
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 07:42:48 PM »
I need a 5.9 grille next.

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »
Not already pulled...but I recommend a cordless sawzall and a cordless impact gun. LOL...had mine out in about 15 minutes. If you can hit them up on a sale, it would be better than normal. Mine cost me $145....but they dinged me for core charge on the rotors and stuff and I didn't catch it until I had gotten home.
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline WagoneerXJ

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Bagon Wagon!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:15:38 AM »
Yea they've done that to me. I bought a complete engine outta there once on a sale day. They charged me a core on pretty much everything attached to the damn engine. Even the block!?!? ended up costing more than double the price. I stripped all the stuff I didn't need, off in the parking lot and returned it for me "Core Charge" Jackasses
98 XJ Sport 2 Dr, 3", 33's and Bushwacker Flat Flares
87 XJ Wagoneer 5", Dana 44, 34" Swamper TSL's
97 TJ 5.2 Magnum V8 swap, 4" and 33" MTZ's- GF's Jeep
84 Mustang GT-Built 351W 5spd
97 XJ - 3.5", 31" BFG. 370,000 KMS and counting!

Jeep Stuff

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
Wreckers charge core charges to get the core stuff back so that it can be sent to scrap rather than put in the landfill.  Its our way of helping with the environment.  The scrap dealers recycle the steel for reuse.  Copper, aluminum, cast all gets recycled and wreckers can do it in bulk and are paid for the recycling, if you brought a load of just scrap in would probably not be paid for it so it is not usually worth your time so it ends up in the landfill or dumped in a back alley.  I sell batteries for rebuild but in bulk, engines are sent for rebuild thru my core guy down to the US if they are not rebuildable they go to Navajo and get chipped down and recycled.  Sometimes there are reusable parts in the core stuff returned.  If we didn't get core diffs back we couldn't sell just axle shafts or ring and pinions, the consumer would need to buy whole axle assemblies - not everything gets destroyed when a diff blows up and what does gets sent for recycling and whats good can be resold.  Transmission and Transfer cases can be sold in pieces (ie people looking for input shafts or gears to do their own rebuild).  I also sell my transmissions and t-cases to transmission shops for rebuild, they get new gears and seals etc. and are sold as reconditioned or refurbished at a cheaper than brand new price from the dealer.  We are just doing our part recycling to help the planet.  We even burn all the fluids from our Jeeps in a used oil burning furnace to keep those  fluids out of the land fill.

As much as core charges may tick you off it is for the  good of the planet.  If you have scrap steel etc sitting around make sure it ends up in a scrap recycling bin or bring it back to the seller to get your core charge back and get it recycled.  Let's do our part to help preserve the planet! :)  Recycle recycle recycle!

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »
I'm heading down to pnp in about an hour, if anyone else is going and needs a hand I'll be there for a little while. Call 403-934-8110.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »
I pulled a d30 today. If anyone is looking for ZJ V8 coils. Find the green limited at the end of the south rows, then look in the van beside it under the carpets, no sprig compessors or tools needed.

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 04:01:08 PM »
I pulled a d30 today. If anyone is looking for ZJ V8 coils. Find the green limited at the end of the south rows, then look in the van beside it under the carpets, no sprig compessors or tools needed.

lol....you hid them? Were you plannin on goin back and grabbing them?
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »

lol....you hid them? Were you plannin on goin back and grabbing them?

Thought if someone else on the site was looking it would be easy for them. I already have PC coils

knight

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 09:16:10 PM »
any of those v8's wj's? i want a factory trailer hitch

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 09:28:29 PM »
any of those v8's wj's? i want a factory trailer hitch
I didn't see any, I don't think they get alot of newer vehicles there. But it was a crappy misty day, and I found what I wanted and started tearing, didn't look around to much.

$30 core >:( on the diff and they spiked the cover to drain it
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 10:47:30 PM by esi »

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 09:43:01 PM »
I didn't see any, I don't think they get alot of newer vehicles there. But it was a crappy misty day, and I found what I wanted and started tearing, didn't look around to much.

$30 core >:(

$30 core on a trailer hitch?  Id really like to see them explain that one

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 11:18:53 PM »
Thought if someone else on the site was looking it would be easy for them. I already have PC coils

Right on, I guess it will just suck when someone goes there looking for them that doesnt know about the hiding spot and the useful jeep parts get crushed with the minivan.... :o
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it