Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Show me pics of your aftermarket front winch bumper...  (Read 6023 times)

Offline X-Treme

• Baby Wheeler
Show me pics of your aftermarket front winch bumper...
« on: January 26, 2010, 08:15:05 PM »
I am in the market for a front bumper for my TJ, but am having a VERY tough time deciding what to get. Looking for anyone with a TJ to post up pics of your aftermarket front winch bumper.

TIA

Offline parabs

• That CB Yapper
Re: Show me pics of your aftermarket front winch bumper...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:41:06 PM »
I dont have it, but I like this one:

I found it here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/savvy-amongst-us-929460/

I have been reading some of this guys posts, I think he is a d-bag, doesnt seem like he remembers learning anything as he is quick to pile on new guys...but you cant say his handywork isnt really nice, and it is lighter than the stock bumper if you can believe that..

-=edited slightly=-
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:40:40 PM by parabs »
2000 TJ Sahara - Sold
2006 Lincoln Mark LT - Bassani Exhaust
2007 Harley Davidson F150 - Nothing to note.

Offline Joel

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Super Uber Web Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
I have been reading some of this guys posts, I think he is a douche, doesnt seem like he remembers learning anything as he is quick to pile on new guys...but you cant say his handywork isnt really nice, and it is lighter than the stock bumper if you can believe that..

That's going to be my next bumper....alimininanim.  But I sure hope your not talking about MrBlain. 
03 TJ - 6" body lift and 31 MTR's, other wise stock.

Offline parabs

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »
I am talking about mrblaine.  I scorn on his scorn.  He comes off as if hes a god on that site.  I dont go there a bunch, but everytime I read his posts, I find him to be disappointing because he has a lot of knowledge. 

His delivery skills are poor, IMHO.
2000 TJ Sahara - Sold

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »
http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=15724.msg100112#new

if i were to drop some coinage i like Jays design........
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Pookapotamus

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 09:23:34 PM »
if only i had kevin's bumper fully designed i would post some pics of it, but as it sits it is changing daily and i dont want to release pics untill its finished. ::)

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 09:25:26 PM »
I am talking about mrblaine.  I scorn on his scorn.  He comes off as if hes a god on that site.  I dont go there a bunch, but everytime I read his posts, I find him to be disappointing because he has a lot of knowledge. 

His delivery skills are poor, IMHO.

You gotta remember the guy's answered the same damn questions a zillion times.  I am grateful there are guys out there willing to do that... over and over and over again... and if it means you gotta take a little attitude with it... well that's the price you pay I guess.  The flip side would be he just gets tired of answering questions and stops.... and you get fed a ton of misinformation from the web wheelers.
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline parabs

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 09:34:08 PM »
You gotta remember the guy's answered the same damn questions a zillion times.  I am grateful there are guys out there willing to do that... over and over and over again... and if it means you gotta take a little attitude with it... well that's the price you pay I guess.  The flip side would be he just gets tired of answering questions and stops.... and you get fed a ton of misinformation from the web wheelers.

That is fair, and I dont think I have ever had any sort of conversation with him, but I have searched their threads a fair bit, and the correspondence I see between him and others is horrific.

Answering the same questions gets old fast, compiling a list of FAQ's, answering the questions once and for all, posting it on a website (maybe that he could host) and linking it to his sig, and simply saying, "read the link below" would help out a lot too..

Im not a fan of his people skills, I am a fan of his product...It is not like I have to hang out with the dude.

-=edit=-

I should acknowledge that your right, it is good people are there to help out, and guide you past making some mistakes that perhaps have already been made..

His posts just rub me the wrong way...maybe I have taken too many leadership courses on how to deal with people who tend to test your patience  ;D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:44:01 PM by parabs »
2000 TJ Sahara - Sold

Offline LEMON-AID JAY

• That CB Yapper
  • Bad a$$ zj owner
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:16 PM »
I am in the market for a front bumper for my TJ, but am having a VERY tough time deciding what to get. Looking for anyone with a TJ to post up pics of your aftermarket front winch bumper.

TIA
if you are looking for a custom bumper give me a call at the shop and will see if i can help you out.
403-287-3350
E-mortal customs
Www.e-mortalcustoms.com
3-2808 Ogden road s.e.
E-mail. [email protected]
Phone 403-265-6669
E-mail @ [email protected]
for all your 4x4 needs

www.piratesof4x4.com

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
That is fair, and I dont think I have ever had any sort of conversation with him, but I have searched their threads a fair bit, and the correspondence I see between him and others is horrific.

Answering the same questions gets old fast, compiling a list of FAQ's, answering the questions once and for all, posting it on a website (maybe that he could host) and linking it to his sig, and simply saying, "read the link below" would help out a lot too..

Im not a fan of his people skills, I am a fan of his product...It is not like I have to hang out with the dude.

-=edit=-

I should acknowledge that your right, it is good people are there to help out, and guide you past making some mistakes that perhaps have already been made..

His posts just rub me the wrong way...maybe I have taken too many leadership courses on how to deal with people who tend to test your patience  ;D

LOL.. yeah some people aren't so good at being nice on the interwebs... but he's a pretty good guy to talk in person from what I understand.   We have our own curmudgeons here.... I dare you to ask Bnine if a better steering stabilizer will cure your death wobble ;)  or ask Gearhead for a pic of the water pump he's selling ;) 
Fug
TJ Rubicon

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 11:56:37 PM »
LOL.. yeah some people aren't so good at being nice on the interwebs... but he's a pretty good guy to talk in person from what I understand.   We have our own curmudgeons here.... I dare you to ask Bnine if a better steering stabilizer will cure your death wobble ;)  or ask Gearhead for a pic of the water pump he's selling ;) 
Hahaha, that made me chuckle. Ironic that Bnine and Mr.Blaine get along well...now. ;)
i remember on ROF where Billy and Mr.Blaine tangled in the early days.

Hey parabs,
i agree Mr. Blaine has rubbed me the wrong way too. He is more civil on Pirate though.
And who the heck names themselves Mr.   ?lol.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline after6queers

• BANNED
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 05:12:49 PM »
I would go and talk to Jay at Chanda he can make you pretty much any bumper you would like!! Check out the Fabrication section of the For Sale Ads he is building me a bumper with stinger that is going to cost me less then if I bought it from a munufacturer and I get to make the bumper I want!!!
2001 Jeep TJ - 4" Lift 35's MTZ Chanda made bumpers, fenders and sliders...still working on her!!!

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
that last pick brings back memories couldnt even edit out my ugly mug? haha
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
Joels next bumper (I believe his 8th) will look like this
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 08:43:42 PM »
i dont know how to post pictures but this is basically mine. Fabtech

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fabtech+bumper/jeepcrest/April%2021-2008/newfrontbumper.jpg?o=3

btw that snow picture is awesome!