Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES  (Read 23363 times)

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
Re: PLASMA CUTTERS, WELDERS, COMBO MACHINES
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 08:35:54 AM »
well I already have a millermatic 251, and would love to have a plasma cutter. i dont think i'll be cutting anything larger that 1/2" for fabing up jeep stuff. if you can get that machine for under $400 i'm in, i'll buy one. with your experience do you think the pilot arc is worth the extra $125??

i'm still in China, stuck with visa issues, but should be back in a week or two. i'll pm you when I get back as I do need some other material as well, such as joints for the Long arms.

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 08:43:38 AM »
I called in about some of your pilot arc questions on the machines yesterday and got the low down.

Pilot arc is pretty cool.  It will keep the torch going over open areas and never shut down.  Great for doing expanded steel or on a CNC table for example.

The regular plasma machines are not "scratch start".  They are all High Frequency machines.  So even they don't require contact to make the arc.  Just reasonably close.  That means that a guide is not a problem.  For 99% of our intended use they are a great way to go.

The times when you might want the pilot arc are like I stated above....expanded, cnc.

The other thing is just ease of use.  With the continuous arc from the pilot models you don't loose the cut and have to release the trigger and start again ever.  This comes into play sometimes when making a difficult cut somewhere hard to get to,  cutting old brackets off of axles comes to mind...sometimes it's just awkward in there.  Another advantage is that the consumables will last longer.  You can start your cut farther from the material and will get less blow back into the tip.  The blow back is one of the big  risks for tip  damage
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 09:02:23 AM by Brink »

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 09:02:34 AM »
Thanks for the orders so far guys.

Here's the time frame on things:

Offer of the US posted price but in Canadian dollars including shipping to my door ends Feb 28

After that the prices all go up by $25 to help cover the shipping.  As an intro I'm still doing the pricing of the US price but in Canadian.  This runs till March 7.

After that prices will be reevaluated and are not guaranteed to stay this low.

Everything then ships and I will have units mid March.

Don't miss these deals.  Free shipping till the end of Feb, prices locked till March 7

If in doubt about the machines I really recommend you check them out on weldingweb.com, pirate4x4.com, freeweldingforum.com    Notice the customer service.  The machines are the real deal, and backed by people who take care of you.

Also keep in mind they include a 5 YEAR WARRANTY

Offline maxpowerta

• Stocker
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2010, 06:47:12 AM »
I am interested in the WeldAll LS-160P can you provide the same pricing on these machines?    thx

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2010, 08:41:10 AM »
I am interested in the WeldAll LS-160P can you provide the same pricing on these machines?    thx

No problem.  Same deal on that model.

Makes it $999+tax with no charge shipping to my door until the end of the month.  
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:48:08 AM by Brink »

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
Just checking in for those who have PM'd or posted that they are taking a machine.  If you havn't done so yet, be sure and contact me for payment arrangements.  Need to get you checked off the list to ensure the pricing as quoted.

Payment can be made with Paypal, Interac if you have online banking, Cheque or money order or cash.  Credit Cards can go through Paypal.

For paypal and Interac the email address is [email protected]

For Cheque or Money Order send to:

Brink Builders
85 Fieldstone Way
Sylvan Lake Alberta
T4S0C3

Thanks.  If you contact me when payment goes out I'll know to watch for it and check you off for the included shipping deal.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 07:03:33 PM »
Eric,...i'm going to Penoka next Wednesday,... I shall see you then ...

If wed. is not a good day I can go up Thursday

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »
Eric,...i'm going to Penoka next Wednesday,... I shall see you then ...

If wed. is not a good day I can go up Thursday

Keep me posted.  I'll let you know if anything comes up that it makes a difference to me.

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »
Looks like some great equipment.!!!  If I could only pass this purchase past the wife!!!! 

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2010, 11:51:52 AM »
Thanks for clarification on the pilot arc. I kind of threw me off at first when I read it had no pilot arc. My current at home machine has no pilot arc and works fine. The unit at work has a pilot arc setting but I think its called continuous cut or something. Handy when doing expanded metal but I rarely use it otherwise.

As much as I'd like to but one doesn't look like its in the books right now. Hoping to sell the house in the spring and the downstairs carpet really needs to be replaced. Thanks for info though, hopefully in the fall I'll be able to purchase something.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »

As much as I'd like to but one doesn't look like its in the books right now. Hoping to sell the house in the spring and the downstairs carpet really needs to be replaced. Thanks for info though, hopefully in the fall I'll be able to purchase something.

I'll be around.  Let me know when you are ready  ;)

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
Looks like some great equipment.!!!  If I could only pass this purchase past the wife!!!! 

Mothers day is coming????  ;)

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 08:29:00 PM »
Time's running out on the no charge shipping offer.  Call or PM to make it happen at the best deal

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »
Who needs extra consumables on their order.  We havent talked about that yet.  Available in various packages to suit your needs.

If you want consumables added to your welder order let me know.  If ordering a welder at the same time I can do BETTER than the website pricing on them.  Take 10% OFF THE US PRICING and just pay that amount in CANADIAN plus get no charge shipping.

Just let me know what to add to your order.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 12:17:05 PM »
i forgot about consumables, are the 40/50AMP Large Consumables 30Kit compatible with the pilot arc? or do i need to get the Pilot Arc Large Consumable 30kit i dont see any Swirl Rings or shield cups in the pilot arc consumables.  i'm no sure if they ar diferent or not