Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CJA Open Run - March 13  (Read 29989 times)

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Re: CJA Open Run - March 13
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »
Brent come by i got 5 31's to choose from or take em all for free
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

2GRND4U

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 08:22:28 AM »
Hey all.  There are a few of us down in Lethbridge that might make the journey up for this run.  Only thing is we are lacking FRONT recovery points.  Is this a MUST for this trail run?  I have a rear recovery point, and im assuming the rest of the guys do as well.
thx

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:04 AM »
Hey all.  There are a few of us down in Lethbridge that might make the journey up for this run.  Only thing is we are lacking FRONT recovery points.  Is this a MUST for this trail run?  I have a rear recovery point, and im assuming the rest of the guys do as well.
thx

solid front and rear points are a mandatory. 

please do not put the trail leader in the difficult position of telling someone who drove all the way from lethbridge they cannot run with us because they are lacking minimum requirements.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

2GRND4U

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 09:53:34 AM »
Understood, but with all due respect, and I really dont mean to sound like a dick here, but no one is going to tell me where I can and cant drive my Jeep.  Again I mean that in the nicest way .  ::)   Hopefully I can figure something out b4 the run.  Sorry if anyone feels offended....

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »
nope no offence taken :)

you are absolutely entitled to do whatever you want.  for club sponsored runs such as this though where you run with us, we do require certain things. 

you are more than entitled to wheel your rig how you want.

2GRND4U

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
I would really like to join you guys  but being that I have a ZJ, with no factory front tow hooks Im kinda screwed.  I am planning on buying a KOR rad support/tow point in the future but I really dont think it would make it here in time.  If anyone wants to chime in here on some suggestions feel free....

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »
I would really like to join you guys  but being that I have a ZJ, with no factory front tow hooks Im kinda screwed.  I am planning on buying a KOR rad support/tow point in the future but I really dont think it would make it here in time.  If anyone wants to chime in here on some suggestions feel free....

heres what i did.

its a hidden hitch, built by lemonAid here on this board. sits behind the facia, and has a hitch for a winch, and the D rings for recovery.
KORs rad support looks good but is flimsy.  the Dring points bend if you pull from any angle.  this puppy bolts a foot into he framerail.  and trust me, i pulled on it. 

2GRND4U

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2010, 11:27:26 AM »
thats pretty slick. im assuming there is a ring on the other side as well... how much does he charge

2GRND4U

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »
and saddly I doubt I could have it by next week

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2010, 11:40:50 AM »
thats pretty slick. im assuming there is a ring on the other side as well... how much does he charge

ya. one of my favorite setups.  ask Jay.

other option is to order up some towhooks online.  or run up to modern or national. they have em in stock.  i think 150$ or so. 
the set i bought (before this setup)  i got at an autowreckers for 40$ a piece.  call around Lethbridge to the autowreckers, i'm sure you can find some. 

solid tow points is essential IMO.  it makes getting stuck or hung up a non issue; or if you need help getting pulled up an icy hill; 
definitely a good investment.

Offline Whiskeyjack

• Winch Wench
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »
I'm gonna try and make it out for this one. Not 100% sure if I can make it yet though.
2007 JK unlimited
285/70/ 17 Wrangler Duratrac's
PIAA 520's

Slappyman

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »
I got the towhooks, just need the mounting brackets!!   :o  I know where they are too  ;D  But gonna be fun to get em :(

Offline T-BOAN

• Baby Wheeler
  • I drive a Liberty. No. I am not a woman.
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »
Understood, but with all due respect, and I really dont mean to sound like a dick here, but no one is going to tell me where I can and cant drive my Jeep.  Again I mean that in the nicest way .  ::)   Hopefully I can figure something out b4 the run.  Sorry if anyone feels offended....

What kind of BS is that? Let me guess. You feel you can wheel anywhere? Like construction sites and closed trails because you have a 4x4? This attitude smacks of hillbilly wheeling to me. Tow points are peanuts in the world of offroad modification. Your rig is probably pretty stock if you can't even get tow points, and there's a good chance YOU will be the one needing a recovery. This is a real poor attitude guy.

Sorry if I offended you...
My grandma hasn't been helping me out as much as she used to

Offline Eagle Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 07:56:50 AM »
I might come down from Sundre again with my CJ on 38's are there two groups going again or is this strictly a stocker friendly run.  Is there a trail in mind and what do you expect to run into.

Also I don't think anyone was telling you where you could wheel they were just saying not with them.  Besides front tow points should have been your first upgrade.  I know I'm not a member of the club but I have been on a trip or two with the CJA and there is a reason for there rules and guide lines.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:07:14 AM by Eagle Jeeper »
94 YJj7, AMC360,T176,Dana300(twin stick, Dana 44 4:56, 14 bolt FF welded 4:56, 2 1/2" susp SOA, 38/12.5/15 TSL's, warn 8274,  Custom dash

2GRND4U

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 10:03:27 AM »
What kind of BS is that? Let me guess. You feel you can wheel anywhere? Like construction sites and closed trails because you have a 4x4? This attitude smacks of hillbilly wheeling to me. Tow points are peanuts in the world of offroad modification. Your rig is probably pretty stock if you can't even get tow points, and there's a good chance YOU will be the one needing a recovery. This is a real poor attitude guy.

Sorry if I offended you...

No, I dont feel like I can wheel anywhere I want just because I have a 4x4.  As a matter of fact, I fully respect the laws regarding offroad trail usage.  What I was refering to was the comment that someone could send me back home just because I didnt meet THEIR minimum requirements for offroading on Crown land.  Yes I am completely stock as I have only had the vehicle a little over a month, and yes I agree, tow point are a pretty basic upgrade in the world of wheeling. If you had read further instead of jumping all over me, you would have seen that I am currently looking for tow hooks or any idea's toward them.  So mabey instead of critizing people  and refering to them as "hillbilly's" before you've ever met them, you should offer up some suggestions ALONG with your personal opinions.  Its ok, dont get offended over internet talk.