Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CJA Open Run - March 13  (Read 30041 times)

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
Re: CJA Open Run - March 13
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 11:07:43 AM »
No, I dont feel like I can wheel anywhere I want just because I have a 4x4.  As a matter of fact, I fully respect the laws regarding offroad trail usage.  What I was refering to was the comment that someone could send me back home just because I didnt meet THEIR minimum requirements for offroading on Crown land.  Yes I am completely stock as I have only had the vehicle a little over a month, and yes I agree, tow point are a pretty basic upgrade in the world of wheeling. If you had read further instead of jumping all over me, you would have seen that I am currently looking for tow hooks or any idea's toward them.  So mabey instead of critizing people  and refering to them as "hillbilly's" before you've ever met them, you should offer up some suggestions ALONG with your personal opinions.  Its ok, dont get offended over internet talk.

He didn't say he'd send you back home, he said you couldn't join the club for the club run.  Might suck but thems the rules. 
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
You wouldn't be sent home... your rig wouldn't be allowed to join in the CJA run, because you (or several people) were not able to meet the MINIMUM requirements. It has happened before, and it will continue to happen unfortunately.

If you still want to join the run, but have not met the requirements... arrange to ride shotgun with somebody that has the minimum requirements.

I know that you probably wouldn't drive 2 hours to ride shotgun, but it is a suggestion (to you, and the others that are reading this post).
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 04:49:07 PM »
You wouldn't be sent home... your rig wouldn't be allowed to join in the CJA run, because you (or several people) were not able to meet the MINIMUM requirements. It has happened before, and it will continue to happen unfortunately.

If you still want to join the run, but have not met the requirements... arrange to ride shotgun with somebody that has the minimum requirements.

I know that you probably wouldn't drive 2 hours to ride shotgun, but it is a suggestion (to you, and the others that are reading this post).

I have happily offered a shotgun seat to folks that have shown up and not been able to meet minimum run requirements.

I'll absolutely back any trail run leader that chooses to "dis-invite" someone that fails to meet minimum requirements.

If someone show up knowing that they don't meet the minimums and assuming that they will be allowed to coast, there is no way that they should be allowed onto the run.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline pitter085

• Baby Wheeler
  • new jeep
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 01:52:15 AM »
i have a Q for u guys a buddy of mine wants to come with his 2010 jk on 35s but he only has the factory 32'' ish tire for a spare ..  now i told him it  has to be the same size as all for that are on it (35s).. 

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 04:46:39 AM »
i have a Q for u guys a buddy of mine wants to come with his 2010 jk on 35s but he only has the factory 32'' ish tire for a spare ..  now i told him it  has to be the same size as all for that are on it (35s).. 

Is there a question in there somewhere?   haha   
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline Crunch

• Budget Lift
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 08:01:23 AM »
Spare must be same size as the 4 on your rig
2000 TJ 4" lift on  33's, 1" Body lift,Rear locker,Warn Front Bumper
12,000lb Titan Winch,Rough country Rock Crawler Rear Bumper
Custom made Rock Sliders By Brink

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 08:22:00 AM »
From the run requirements, post #2 in this thread.

Hey All
We will meet at Smittys parking lot in Cochrane at 8:30am
This open run will be stocker friendly-but keep in mind
weather is unpredictabel,ther is still snow and ice and things
can happen
We will see how many people post to see where we will be wheeling
As always minimum requirements will be in effect
No bald tires-must have at least 50% tread depth
No fluid leaks of any sort-drips on the ground
Front and rear tow hooks
Full size spare
Recovery strap
Winch optional-I'm sure we will have a few out there
CB optional,but we will need a few of us whith them
Food and water for the day
Clothing for all weather and extra dry clothes
Full tank of gas-top up in Cochrane BEFORE we meet

FYI, this is a "must have" on pretty much every run the CJA does.

A 32" spare is not all that useful when you're sitting on 35's - especially with a JK. The ESP system on the JK would not respond well to a 32 on one side of the axle and a 35 on the other.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline dontask

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 09:12:14 AM »
From the run requirements, post #2 in this thread.

FYI, this is a "must have" on pretty much every run the CJA does.

A 32" spare is not all that useful when you're sitting on 35's - especially with a JK. The ESP system on the JK would not respond well to a 32 on one side of the axle and a 35 on the other.

Not to forget you will most likely cook your differential gears on the ride home

Offline Crunch

• Budget Lift
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2010, 10:10:35 AM »
Absolutey your diff will be turning at dfferent speeds 100% of the time
Amagine highway speed going home-NOT GOOD
2000 TJ 4" lift on  33's, 1" Body lift,Rear locker,Warn Front Bumper
12,000lb Titan Winch,Rough country Rock Crawler Rear Bumper
Custom made Rock Sliders By Brink

Offline Eagle Jeeper

• Budget Lift
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
Not to criticize but if you can afford a 2010 JK lifted on 35's why wouldn't you flip the 200-300 extra for a spare so you aren't left on the street let alone the trail.
94 YJj7, AMC360,T176,Dana300(twin stick, Dana 44 4:56, 14 bolt FF welded 4:56, 2 1/2" susp SOA, 38/12.5/15 TSL's, warn 8274,  Custom dash

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
Not to criticize but if you can afford a 2010 JK lifted on 35's why wouldn't you flip the 200-300 extra for a spare so you aren't left on the street let alone the trail.

The same thought crossed my mind, but I didn't want to go there.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
The same thought crossed my mind, but I didn't want to go there.

me 3.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline pitter085

• Baby Wheeler
  • new jeep
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
i was just asking...  i know they have to be the same size I'm not dum....  just proving my buddy wrong.   thanks for clearing it up in diff ways lol

Offline Zombie

• UberWheeler
  • Jeff the Zombie Jeep
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 11:46:54 PM »
I think I might have to sit this one out.
I have loads of bills with buying new house things and I have to go to a birthday that day for some family.

hope everyone has a blast.

but maybe no broken parts this time ;)
97 Red XJ, 4.5", 31" mud's, ARB front, 9500lb winch, bushwhacker's, warn sliders, HnT SYE and CV drive shaft - written off and sold for parts :(

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 10:50:40 AM »
I was out in Waiparous yesterday on the atv did not see many vehicles until Meadow creek  area but there was tons of other atv's...lots of the trails are still frozen but very do-able.

Al tho I will be out next weekend its for my b-day party so I wont have my trucks(s) I'll be in my buddy's 2x4 Chevy... ???

I'll keep an eye out for you guys/gals tho!
Keep safe have fun! ;D
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.