Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Any mechanics looking for work?  (Read 6606 times)

Offline thayer03

• Budget Lift
Any mechanics looking for work?
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:52:03 PM »
https://cpr.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?lcid=en-US&jobid=2895
I recently just started with CP in another dept. Great company to work for!
FSJ's RULE!!!

Offline .:.Dingman.:.

• That CB Yapper
Re: Any mechanics looking for work?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
Are you on one of the tie gangs?

Dingman

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
https://cpr.tms.hrdepartment.com/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?lcid=en-US&jobid=2895
I recently just started with CP in another dept. Great company to work for!
Congrats Randy.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 10:28:57 PM »
I hope they are a lot better than they were 20years ago. My boss started out down in Ogden and it was a gong show. Most of the un-ticketed workers there were taxi drivers by day and so your "helper" disappeared shortly after the shift started and slept all night. The union was so anal that you couldn't get anything done. My boss once waited all night for an "electrician" to come undo some weather pack connectors. Like the add says shifts are assigned on a seniority basis, he would have had to stay there 10years before seeing a day shift. They didn't have enough ticketed guys there and they kept trying to get him to sign off on stuff he hadn't even worked on.

The wage for a trainee isn't bad but the licensed rate is low for a HD technician.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 10:48:33 PM »
Yeah my pops has been there for 20+ years... he is so sick of the crap (see cLay's post) that he is praying to be packaged out.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
Yeah my pops has been there for 20+ years... he is so sick of the crap (see cLay's post) that he is praying to be packaged out.
My daddy might know your daddy.

Dingman

1988 Cherokee

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 04:32:54 PM »
Are they hiring laborers? I want to get on with a steady company, rather then the landscaping biz

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 05:26:01 PM »
Are they hiring laborers? I want to get on with a steady company, rather then the landscaping biz
Yes they are.

Dingman

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 05:34:34 PM »
I hope they are a lot better than they were 20years ago. My boss started out down in Ogden and it was a gong show. Most of the un-ticketed workers there were taxi drivers by day and so your "helper" disappeared shortly after the shift started and slept all night. The union was so anal that you couldn't get anything done. My boss once waited all night for an "electrician" to come undo some weather pack connectors. Like the add says shifts are assigned on a seniority basis, he would have had to stay there 10years before seeing a day shift. They didn't have enough ticketed guys there and they kept trying to get him to sign off on stuff he hadn't even worked on.

The wage for a trainee isn't bad but the licensed rate is low for a HD technician.

Yup. I'd think twice about taking a job in a place where advancement is determined by the amount of moss growing on you. Personally, I'm much happier getting ahead by being good at my job.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline thayer03

• Budget Lift
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
I am working in the Engineering Services Departemnt as a Grade 1 Work Equipment Maintainer ( Heavy Mechanic)
FSJ's RULE!!!

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 10:54:54 AM »
Welcome to the triad.
This has to be one of the broadest trad's their is. everything from small generators to large earth moving and mining equipment, to train, to boats. all under the same trad banner.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
Hehe, ya I work on all sorts of stuff. I'm a fleet mechanic for the airport. My ticket is HD Mechanic and I work on everything from 2 stoke weed wackers and small SUVs to tractors with 30ft mowers, snow removal units with 25ft plows and HD offroad crash trucks(fire trucks).

Defiantly more enjoyable than working at a dealer on the same thing day in, day out.

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »
I get to build this kind of schtuff!  Still waiting for them to leave the keys in the ignition, one of these days! ;D

I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 02:01:24 PM »
The Machinist , I want to work with you.

Dingman

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »
I forgot to tell you about the offroad fire truck we used to have. Looked a bit like that unit. It was based on Foremost Marauder chassis and the only steering it had was that it articulated in the middle like a loader. The back wagon contained the fire pump and was built by Thibault.

Ours looked exactly the black and white pic. Here another thats the same idea...