Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: ZJ rear winch bumper with tire carrier  (Read 9647 times)

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
Re: ZJ rear winch bumper with tire carrier
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 05:02:56 PM »
u should wait... i promise it will be worth it.... give us about a month gonna prototype it on my zj, basically it will be our tie rods with the correct taper on the pin....(there gonna be unbreakable).... i will post some teaser pictures tonight of the new bodies.... they are patent pending as of friday

Offline bradley

• Budget Lift
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 05:39:53 PM »
well that makes me confident in my choice of vehicle lol, well thanks for the advice guys
keep the rubber side down
2002 jeep tj, 7 inch lift with long arm front and triangulated 4 link rear, 37x12.5x15 maxxis creepy crawler tires, custom front and rear bumpers, 12000 winch, G2 dana 44 front with detroit locker, 44 rear with spool, custom rear skins and flares, sye kit

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 09:33:43 AM »
Looks good Clay,

Is the swing out essentially just a T? or is there a diagonal under the hilift?, that's what I'm building right now and I'm debating if it needs to be gusseted or not.
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »
Is that a warn I see tucked in rhe baxk bumper?  Looks good clay.

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 05:12:38 AM »
Nope its just a "T". I slotted the upright piece to go over the cross piece so its not just butt welded to it. I also tried to to compensate for the twist that would happen once the the weight of the tire was on it by welding it not vertical but slightly toward the rear hatch.

That is an M8000 tucked in there but to be honest I still have not got around to wiring it in. Hopefully this winter that will happen.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:49 AM »
That is an M8000 tucked in there but to be honest I still have not got around to wiring it in. Hopefully this winter that will happen.

Going the same route with my XJ hopefully soon here... What sort of wire are you going to run from the battery, or have you gone with a remote battery?
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »
Bumper looks great! Love the rear winch...Alot of the time I'd rather back out of something then have to winch through it...the winch on the rear will probably get used much more than the front in mud holes etc
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
Haven't run the cable yet  Will probably use some old welding cable I salvaged from work.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles