Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: annoying but kinda funny problem  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Marco

• UberWheeler
annoying but kinda funny problem
« on: September 03, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
Ive been just accepting this for the last year or so allready so its not that big of a deal. If I go wheeling,lots of mud water etc. everything is fine. But if I WASH my jeep my windsheild wipers go on when i turn left. It WILL happen every single time. I just dont know why? Its not like im washing the steering coloumn when I go to the carwash so I dont think its in there. Just thought someone might have an idea where to start as im tired of lookin like a clown when i turn left and have wipers running on a sunny day lol.Thanks for any help and probably makin fun of me for washing my jeep
locked and loaded

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
Re: annoying but kinda funny problem
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:27 AM »
The only two possibilities I can think of would be a bad connection at a fuse block, or a bizarre grounding issue.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline Marco

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 05:43:19 PM »
cool i will investigate the box.thanks
locked and loaded

Offline 2grand4u

• UberWheeler
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
cool i will investigate the box.thanks

i would think that the wiring is wraped on you steering colum and when you turn it pulls tight and shorts or something, thats the only thing i could think of if they only come one when you turn left
2011 ford ranger going to get some love soon

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:25:41 PM »
i would think that the wiring is wraped on you steering colum and when you turn it pulls tight and shorts or something, thats the only thing i could think of if they only come one when you turn left

Lol.  Wiring wrapped around yer steering colum.  Yep that's the problem
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:27:16 PM by Alltornup »

Offline jpthing

• UberWheeler
  • I like things with wheels.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 09:46:16 PM »
I thought he meant when he uses the left signal...did you actually mean the wipers come on when you turn the steering wheel? If this is the case I would take off the covers, jack up the front and try to observe something happening when you turn the wheel...

Good Luck!!
'97 TJ, 5" lift, 35's "Sprout"
'95 Xj, 4" lift, 33's Sold to the Bagman
'10 JK unlimited

"Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right."
-Henry Ford

I'm finally over the Jeep bike debacle..

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
Grounds do funny things. I had the front clip off my jeep the past winter to swap engines. When I put things back together I was having funny little problems. When I turned on the head lights the wipers would come on and when I ran through a puddle the fuel pump fuse would pop.

The wipers and headlights didn't bother me too much but popping fuses in puddles was crazy. After a day wheeling and four popped fuses we found I had neglected to reconnect the ground for the headlights. Reconnected one little wire and all problems resolved.
Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline Marco

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »
i didnt see any grounds that are bad appearing. It hasent done it since but i havent washed it lol.but ya just the left turn.ill just live with it.good conversation starter for passengers
locked and loaded

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 12:48:51 PM »
hahaha

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
ill just live with it.good conversation starter for passengers

just pretend you don't see it, then act like your passenger is going crazy when they point it out.
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"