Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Need Help, PPPPLEASE read  (Read 6307 times)

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
Re: Need Help, PPPPLEASE read
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 08:50:22 PM »
had to move to the computer the iphone cant keep up with how many replies.  OK so spool and welded out.  Jamal I probably wouldn't wheel it with a locker until i get get a stronger axle hopefully next spring.  I am more wanting to drive this winter to and from work.  TYNPOW how do they drive in the winter??  Scary or drivable?  Fun or Miserable?  and whats the best/easiest to drive with?

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:07 PM »
i would just try swaping out the carrier and put new spyders in it ..

check your black lash and make sure shes tight but not to tight

its probably the cheapest way to get your going again
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 08:57:52 PM »
I have a feeling thats what I might end up doing.

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »
One thought, when I grenaded the open Dana 44 front diff in the big XJ , the carrier it self twisted and there was no way in #ell factory spiders would ever go back in. The carrier was a goner so I went e-locker then I could take out axles on command,...
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 09:14:50 PM »
elockers are awesome and if this was a 44 or minimum 8.8 I would buy this for my christmas present, but for a 35 its just not practical I was open and it still broke, can't imagine what a locker would do to a 35 on a trail.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »
had to move to the computer the iphone cant keep up with how many replies.  OK so spool and welded out.  Jamal I probably wouldn't wheel it with a locker until i get get a stronger axle hopefully next spring.  I am more wanting to drive this winter to and from work.  TYNPOW how do they drive in the winter??  Scary or drivable?  Fun or Miserable?  and whats the best/easiest to drive with?

go big or go home...................  sounds like a great reason to upgrade that axle.

OR, locate a full 35 and just swap the whole axle..................... you 're gonna hve to spend SOME money though man if you can't find spiders that work...
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18:36 PM »
A rear 35 should not be difficult to find, and will probably cost you less than a lunchbox.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 09:32:01 PM »
yeah.  Im looking at this from all angles.  I wont be able to make a decision till the morning. I wanted feedback on this whole situation.  My wife and I have discussed it and I have been allowed to spend 300 so my options are few but there are still options.  I just need to weigh them all and make a good decision.  Now one thing I dont know is does putting in a lunchbox make the 35 waeker than open?  Im not wanting to go to bigger tires 33" are where its staying.

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
A rear 35 should not be difficult to find, and will probably cost you less than a lunchbox.

As stated in my first post I have a FREE one if it gets you out of a bind,..

So to recant ;

Dana 35 rear XJ diff = free
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
oh yeah, sorry i meant to post i might take it off of your hands.  Ill see what the gear center sais tomorrow, and ill be intouch. thanx JENSSEN

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
take his offer and save your money.  just because you broke now, doesn't mean it will happen again anytime soon.  there are lots of D35s in this club that are abused weekly with a lot more than 33s on them and last quite a while.  just gotta know their limits and keep wheel spin / hop to a minimum.

personally, for a DD with max 33s i would look at swapping in a 8.25 before any other diff.  cheap, simple and reliable and the aftermarket is good enough for 33s.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 09:50:05 PM »
I have 2 things to add here...

1: I want your old housing if you take jenssens diff

2: I may have a D44 that would bolt in, but I dont know what your timelines like. Jeep gotta be moving asap?

If your interested throw jenssens in for now, we can talk later...

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »
huh??? a dana 35/44 hybrid

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 10:05:28 PM »
huh??? a dana 35/44 hybrid

01 Factory ordered Dana 44. 3.73 gears though. Drum brakes.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:46 AM »
I know you already decided against a spool / lincoln locker but the reason people like them better over an automatic locker like a lunchbox or detroit is that they are more predictable, they are always locked, and in a short wheelbase vehicle like a YJ or TJ, both can get a little hairly.

Take Jenssen's axle because it will be  spares and swap the stuff you need into you axle because XJ axles are sprung-over and your YJ is sprung-under
'95 YJ with a few mods