Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• NYD Open Run: January 01, 2011

Author Topic: New Year's Day Run - Info in first post  (Read 40189 times)

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
Re: New Year's Day Run - Info in first post
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
Great I will Be there tomorrow.  Thx. Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Brooneg

• Budget Lift
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2010, 09:31:01 PM »
I'm Sorry I f I caused a problem with the 'Yota's. :-[

I Have sick children and Family in from Kelowna that caught the bugs as well.  I had hoped we would be recovered enough to go butit is not looking good :'(. If we are not at the Smitty's by pull away we are not comming.  i will call Pook and Confirm that in the morning.  Again Sorry for to upset or push anyone out of the run.

Have fun and a Great new Year if I don't see you in the morning

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2011, 01:58:06 AM »
I might try to tag along on this run.

This will be my sole reason for attending this run.

I hear Robin wheeling is like the Matrix...unfortunately no one can be told what it is. You have to see it for yourself.

See you guys in a few hours.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline mhernden

• Budget Lift
  • Mike and the Red Baron
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2011, 05:35:55 AM »
I'm out. 

I've got engine trouble since my last wheel'n trip... yet to be able to figure out what the hell is wrong with my rig. 

Have a good run all.
99 XJ - 4.5" Rubicon Express Super Flex, 31" Dick Cepek Mud Country Tires, Front E-locker, Rear Detroit Locker, Rockhard 4x4 front and rear bumper with sotc, 9000lb winch, Cobra CB.

Offline Koda2010

• Stocker
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »
Sorry guys I am the next casualty. My back is in alot of pain and I dont think I will be much fun to deal with on the trail today. Have a great run and catch you all at the next one.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #125 on: January 01, 2011, 09:38:41 AM »
I'm Sorry I f I caused a problem with the 'Yota's. :-[

I Have sick children and Family in from Kelowna that caught the bugs as well.  I had hoped we would be recovered enough to go butit is not looking good :'(. If we are not at the Smitty's by pull away we are not comming.  i will call Pook and Confirm that in the morning.  Again Sorry for to upset or push anyone out of the run.

Have fun and a Great new Year if I don't see you in the morning

Now I feel bad... You didn't cause any issue here Broon... the Yotas were all good. If the trail leader says other makes can come on his/her open run; It's all good too. It just didn't feel right to tell a member he couldn't come.

I hope you and your family feels better soon

you guys have fun today!

Cheers

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2011, 06:53:36 PM »
what an amazing day   thanks todd for leading .. i had a blast . one of the best winter runs i have been on
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2011, 07:06:49 PM »
what an amazing day   thanks todd for leading .. i had a blast . one of the best winter runs i have been on

+1 from me

The boys and I had a hoot.  Both of them fell asleep before we got to 22.  Who knew winter wheeling could be so fun. 

Can we go again tomorrow  ;D
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline Bone206

• Budget Lift
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
Thanks to Todd for leading, and giving us JK'ers the lead to take the tops off. What a killer day.
07 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1.5 spidertrax spacers, 2.5 teraflex cl, 275/70/18 duratracs, ace rock rails, black OEM  rims, safari straps roof, Cobra 29 WXBT CB

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #129 on: January 01, 2011, 07:19:47 PM »
Thanks to Kevin for a very interesting run. Was a great day of winter wheelin'
Rich.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #130 on: January 01, 2011, 08:05:49 PM »
Really?

I know Todd (Avalanche who has been a member for years) is going now but PAID members should never  be refused to an open run ! They could help you guys out. Like Joel did

I'm sure if necessary you could explain to the 2 Yotas  that  they can jump in a Jeep so the members of this club can go!  They would understand, I'm sure

Hey Dom. This is pretty much a dead issue since the run has already happened, and everyone had a good time - but I'd like to explain my reasoning. I absolutely understand your point, and I had to stop and think about my reply before I posted up - it's definitely not a simple question. I hope that once I explain my reasoning it'll make sense.

The reason that I didn't ask someone else to step aside is that I didn't think it was fair to tell a guy who signed up two weeks ago for an open run that they are no longer welcome at the last minute. The last couple of requests to join the run came in less than 24 hours before the run's start. Normally, last minute joiners are always welcome...but if someone has asked to come on the run a couple of weeks ago and I punt them off at the the last minute because someone with a membership card wants their spot then I don't think that sends the right message...and I think that it's pretty likely to leave a sour taste in their mouth. When it comes to open runs, I think that we should make every effort to encourage people who aren't yet members to come out, enjoy wheeling, and see what we're really about.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 08:07:31 PM by w squared »
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
« Reply #131 on: January 01, 2011, 08:21:27 PM »
As being the latest guy trying to go wheeling and try out my new 33's I appreciate you letting me go with you.  I only pounded on it twice and nothing broke ( having a dana35 and all).  But I don't have buddy's that wheel anymore so the only way I can safely test out my rig is to go on a run like this.  I learned that maybe I need to re-gear cause coming down the hill it was only quick or even quicker if I hit the binders (I got 3-speed auto).  But Cheers to your Club. This is the third time I've been out with you and ya never make anyone feel unwanted or unsafe. 

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #132 on: January 01, 2011, 08:23:56 PM »
I'm glad that we were able to slide you in, and even more glad that you had a good run with us, and that your 33's are working for you.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline bushman67

• Budget Lift
  • "Alright, I've got four dollars, almost five"
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2011, 04:59:25 PM »
Hi all... Sorry I got bogged down early in the week. Some of you have sent me personal messages for pix. For those, I'll gather your emails.

If anyone in the "easy" group wish the link you just email me.

I have some pix of rigs from the locker group. Some rigs I know, some I don't... I know I got Noel's.

For those that do view the pix, give those other guys a heads up and email me for pix.

NOTE: please respect copyright notices on these photos.
Economy has me demoted to "token photo-boy"

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2011, 05:41:20 PM »
As being the latest guy trying to go wheeling and try out my new 33's I appreciate you letting me go with you.  I only pounded on it twice and nothing broke ( having a dana35 and all).  But I don't have buddy's that wheel anymore so the only way I can safely test out my rig is to go on a run like this.  I learned that maybe I need to re-gear cause coming down the hill it was only quick or even quicker if I hit the binders (I got 3-speed auto).  But Cheers to your Club. This is the third time I've been out with you and ya never make anyone feel unwanted or unsafe. 

The D35 isn't as weak as you think it is.