Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• Waiparous Open Run: January 29, 2011

Author Topic: Open Run - January 29th.  (Read 15652 times)

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: Open Run - January 29th.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »
Cool.  I was hoping to have a CB in by saturday but Comtek is closed.  I was also hoping to get a compressor in before the weekend but Stan is sold out of those...So if you guys are ok with me using frs and borrowing a compressor to air up then I am in.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 07:32:07 AM »
Go down to Flying J (down south), grab a CB, coax, antenna.... ect. It is all there, but you will have to do the work. All their stuff is on on the wall, except for their CBs, which are in one of the aisles.
That is what I did 3 years ago.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline bushman67

• Budget Lift
  • "Alright, I've got four dollars, almost five"
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
I should be able to make it...  ::)
Economy has me demoted to "token photo-boy"

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 08:12:39 PM »
Go down to Flying J (down south), grab a CB, coax, antenna.... ect. It is all there, but you will have to do the work. All their stuff is on on the wall, except for their CBs, which are in one of the aisles.
That is what I did 3 years ago.

So I went down to Flying J and got everything I need (I think) and will get it all install tomorrow night after work.  I will just have to try and get it tuned up.  Does someone have an SWR meter I could borrow?  Is this something that could be done quickly on Saturday morning in the smitty's parking lot or should I try and get it taken care of tomorrow night as well?  Sorry for all the questions.  :-[

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 08:15:37 PM »
I have one you can use. What sort of antenna did you get? If its a steel whip you may need to cut the bottom shorter, or make it longer, if its a firestick or top tunable, theres a little screw I believe. Doesnt take long at all! Im off tomorrow and will be driving around If you need to borrow it your more than welcome to.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 08:23:10 PM »
There wasn't a lot of options there so I just grabbed the 3' firestick, I think it was a trim-to-tune model.  That would be sweet, I am way up in the NW though so it might be better if we met up somewhere?  Unless you don't mind coming up to Kincora.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »
Im heading out to bowness after about 1pm or so. I dont mind the drive! Isnt that what I bought my jeep for? Let me know what time works for you in the afternoon, and Ill swing by with it. Ill PM you my contact info
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 08:47:27 PM »
So I went down to Flying J and got everything I need (I think) and will get it all install tomorrow night after work.  I will just have to try and get it tuned up.  Does someone have an SWR meter I could borrow?  Is this something that could be done quickly on Saturday morning in the smitty's parking lot or should I try and get it taken care of tomorrow night as well?  Sorry for all the questions.  :-[

Hey Dan,

I have one here at the house too so if you want to pop by and grab it after work tomorrow no problem.

You will need another short piece of coax as well so that you can put the SWR meter in line betwen your radio and antenna.........I have that as well.

Either drop me a PM or hit my cell tomorrow sometime.

2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 10:08:41 PM »
what is the difficulty level on this one planned to be?  I might be able to make it, but it would only be my second time out and I wouldn't want you guys to have to take an easier run because of a newbie.  I didn't have any issues this past weekend, but I think it was a pretty basic run (?).

It is open as long as you have the requirements listed in the first post you will be fine.
Rich.

Offline Chupacabra

• Baby Wheeler
  • Primero
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 01:13:22 AM »
Air compressor just arrived! Now to see if I can get it installed after school tomorrow... Dont imagine it will take more than a few hours
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Islander Package

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »
PM sent.

I think you were in the other group but I have some shots around the campfire and on the way back so.
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »
Looking like there will be some fresh snow to plow through.  Should be fun.

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
Looking like there will be some fresh snow to plow through.  Should be fun.

It should be fun.

I will be bringing 3 extra FRS radios so if you don't have one you can still join in. Come see me at Smitty's if you want to borrow one.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 02:59:24 PM by Rich99 »
Rich.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
I picked up a CB yesterday and I'm going to try and get it installed tonight.  I also have 2 FRS radios I was going to bring anyway.

Thanks

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 05:24:56 PM »
I got a full size spare today so it looks like I will be in for this run