Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Anyone got an extra $80000  (Read 6898 times)

Offline after6queers

• BANNED
  • Budget Lift
2001 Jeep TJ - 4" Lift 35's MTZ Chanda made bumpers, fenders and sliders...still working on her!!!

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
Re: Anyone got an extra $80000
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »
Wow, pretty solid lineup of parts, Hemi, and truck  conversion.  Not sure about 80k but it's a solid rig.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:44:59 AM »
Look closer.

They're running the power from a 5.7 liter VVT hemi through the stock Rubicon Dana 44 axles to 42 inch tires. Even if you upgrade spend more money and upgrade the shafts, I'd be surpised if you will be able to wheel that rig on 42's without lunching a u-joint or pinion gear every time you fart near the gas pedal. It also doesn't look like they've sleeved or trussed those 44's either...so expect to bend axle tubes.

After you spend the $80K, you'd spend another $15K on a set of Rock Jock Dana 60's. And don't forgot hydro assist so that you can steer those 42's when you're aired down.

The Ipad in the dash would be cool for crawlin' the mall though.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:29:31 PM »
Nice Jeep... I don't think it's worth $80K
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 08:20:14 AM »
it looks like it started life as a Egyptian J8 you can get them from AEV but you have to bye the drive line and chasse separately. you than put it together and license it as a kit.
I bet it was a guy that stated some off road product company in the US that put all the start up money into this instead of product and now is selling to try to make a go of it. Or pocket the cash and running.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
This guy actually runs a business building "customs" for folks with piles of money. They are typically all colour matched and flashy with bodywork and high end interiors.

It is not actually a J8, because those come with leaf sprung D60's in back, and their pickup bed is different.

Just like a lot of his other stuff, this rig is long on the "show" and doesn't really have the same attention to being robustly built as a lot of trail rigs. Like i said...D44's are a little snall for 42's.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
Its a 35-40k jeep at most.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline turbolaser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »
its crocker offroad performance or cop4x4 in phoenix arizona  i was just there and saw a jk350 he did    but hes does some pretty good work from mild to wild

Offline after6queers

• BANNED
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »
2001 Jeep TJ - 4" Lift 35's MTZ Chanda made bumpers, fenders and sliders...still working on her!!!

Offline Jeepless

• Budget Lift
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 06:35:36 PM »
 Camp Crocker aka Cop4x4 builds some great rigs in my opinion. From mild to very wild is correct.  A 1000+ hrs into the bed alone says dedication to me. Who know what the customer wanted forthis rig. Maybe D44's is what he wanted? I've seen other Cop4x4 builds with Rock Joc D60's and Hemis. (he's building a rig with the 6.4VVT as we speak). It might be a case of what the owner wanted or could afford at the time not what the builder wanted. Who really knows?

Offline DCJEEP

• Stocker
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 12:53:18 AM »
Its a 35-40k jeep at most.

Lmao. I burst out laughing when I read that.  You honestly think it's only worth 35-40? Man I wish you were selling a jk cause it would be dirt cheap. Look at everything thats in the jeep. I'd say it's worth the 60,000. It's a one of a kind jeep.

Camp builds some cool jeeps. Hell his last one he built was for his 16 yearold son. Hemi, 6" teraflex lift and 42's.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 06:12:41 PM »
Lmao. I burst out laughing when I read that.  You honestly think it's only worth 35-40? Man I wish you were selling a jk cause it would be dirt cheap. Look at everything thats in the jeep. I'd say it's worth the 60,000. It's a one of a kind jeep.

Camp builds some cool jeeps. Hell his last one he built was for his 16 yearold son. Hemi, 6" teraflex lift and 42's.

A Jeep with that much custom work in it is worth 60K to ME if it's built exactly the way I want it. If it's not built the way I want it, it's not worth 60K. Sure it's a one-of-a-kind Jeep...but if all of that custom work ends up with a Jeep that isn't what the buyer wants, then it isn't worth diddly.

A custom builder that totals up the retail price of the rig, the aftermarket parts on the rig, and the labour is telling you what you would pay for it if it was built to order for you...not what the Jeep is "worth"....because it is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. If that jeep is worth 60K, it will sell for 60K....but for the reasons pointed out above, it's not all that well suited for off-road use. I'd be more interested in that rig if it had axles that could handle that power, beadlocks, and bedliner in place of the fancy schmancy interior, quarter panels and tube fenders fabbed out of 3/16" steel, and a matte olive drab exterior instead of fancy custom paint....but that's just what I want.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 10:30:37 PM »
this is exactly what it is a $80k SEMA show jeep, nothing more. for that much you could build a better and stronger suited jeep for off-road. most would rather spend that money on an off-road capable jeep, unless you want to shine it up every weekends and have your neighbours drool over your sparkly, pretty jeep sitting in your garage. its a pavement princess on a trailer. i sure wouldn't cruize with it around town on 42's. Sure this is custom built, but not to the buyer. its just a jeep with parts and you will never get your return investment. it would sell faster if he would part it out, I could use some of the part from this jeep for my build.  ;D

Offline DCJEEP

• Stocker
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:50 PM »
A Jeep with that much custom work in it is worth 60K to ME if it's built exactly the way I want it. If it's not built the way I want it, it's not worth 60K. Sure it's a one-of-a-kind Jeep...but if all of that custom work ends up with a Jeep that isn't what the buyer wants, then it isn't worth diddly.

A custom builder that totals up the retail price of the rig, the aftermarket parts on the rig, and the labour is telling you what you would pay for it if it was built to order for you...not what the Jeep is "worth"....because it is worth exactly what someone will pay for it. If that jeep is worth 60K, it will sell for 60K....but for the reasons pointed out above, it's not all that well suited for off-road use. I'd be more interested in that rig if it had axles that could handle that power, beadlocks, and bedliner in place of the fancy schmancy interior, quarter panels and tube fenders fabbed out of 3/16" steel, and a matte olive drab exterior instead of fancy custom paint....but that's just what I want.

Lmao if that's the case a lambo is only worth 50,000 cause that's all I'd pay for it

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 10:12:07 AM »

$60,000 will build a much better offroad jeep by a country mile. 40k would build a better jeep. So, yeah its worth 35-40.
Its a show jeep. Its well built for show and shines. i am sure it will be a wonderful street queen.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.