Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs!!!!!  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: NHL Playoffs!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2011, 10:56:13 AM »
94 Canucks went to the cup finals... and I'm pretty sure they went through Calgary in round 1 to get there.

*sigh*  I know this because really... as a canucks fan there are not a ton of fond playoff memories... but thats one of them... don't take that from me!
94 refers to the 94/95 season ;)  You are referring to 93/94 when you beat them in 7.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 10:38:23 PM »
looks like Gillis got his wish, all that whining sure worked haha. Its a damn good game. into OT we go
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:46:31 PM by raf2379 »

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
94 Canucks went to the cup finals... and I'm pretty sure they went through Calgary in round 1 to get there.

*sigh*  I know this because really... as a canucks fan there are not a ton of fond playoff memories... but thats one of them... don't take that from me!

is that the year they rioted because they lost?

sniff sniff, i smell repeat...................... ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:20 PM »
Loooseroungo lets out a costly rebound...again.
OT it is.
Total domination by Vancouver but goaltending is the difference. Crawford...WOW!
Loooserlouongo? ok but he gives up way too many rebounds and the last one was costly.

Flyers prevail despite even worse goaltending overall than Vancouver. Total domination by Philly.

i will say that even if Van advances they are no Cup finalist. They quit when they fall behind.

And i guess the NHL put the word out to make sure Montreal and Vancouver advance as the penalties were stacked against their opponents. Calls let go were ridiculous. The final penalty against Chicago? ridiculous considering Keler boarded Kane with no call.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:36 PM »

And i guess the NHL put the word out to make sure Montreal and Vancouver advance as the penalties were stacked against their opponents. Calls let go were ridiculous. The final penalty against Chicago? ridiculous considering Keler boarded Kane with no call.

guess thats why they let that slash that broke Kesslers stick in the waning seconds of the game go without a whistle?
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
guess thats why they let that slash that broke Kesslers stick in the waning seconds of the game go without a whistle?
like i have said before, this is the worst reffing of first round plyoffs i have ever seen. All teams have been shafted. Tonight, Boston and Chicago were shafted a tad more. i think BOTH penalty shots called were ridiculous.
i also believe that before OT started, the refs realized they blew it with Kessler who could have been given 5mins and a game but got nothing so they come out and call a lame penalty against Vancouver it OT of Game 7. BRUTAL!

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
man these refs are so inconsistent. they call garbage, and miss the big ones (kane was cut after being hit from behind but no call - pathetic) this reffing is atrocious. its not that i dont like this type of hockey - its the old school hockey - the real hockey. but then dont change it to pansy touch hockey if youre not going to call it..........and now van wins.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2011, 11:07:29 PM »
Well, Vancouver advances and are no longer a Cup contender favorite. Like the Flyers, goaltending will be the achilles heel.
Unlike Philly, Vancouver quits when down a few goals (game 4 and 5). They need to get some fire in their belly when the going gets tuff. The sisters totally quit in both of those games.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »

good Job les boys.... see ya next year.

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 07:31:39 AM »
clutching, grabbing, and slashing wont work againts nashvile. i wonder how much Gillis paid to advance to second round. i mean the fine he got  :P