Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs!!!!!  (Read 7822 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
NHL Playoffs!!!!!
« on: April 16, 2011, 06:07:57 PM »
 well vote and comment on your team. i know there are lots of Flames fans but you guys can vote for your second favorite team. so far the hockey has been great. nothing like playoff hockey! ;D
Go Habs Go!
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Brooneg

• Budget Lift
Re: NHL Playoffs!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
Habs are my number 2 team for this year!  Always gotta be a western Canadian team first tho!!! *sigh* Go Canucks Go!!  *facepalm shaking head in disbelief*

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 07:29:29 PM »
id love to see a Vancouver Montreal final. all canadian. that would put gary bettman in his place.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline TJ Sparky

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »
id love to see a Vancouver Montreal final. all canadian. that would put gary bettman in his place.

And squirt off the American Broadcasters due to lost TV advertisement revenue. They researched it years ago and figured the lost revenue would be in the billions because American viewers would drop drastically if it were 2 CDN teams in the playoffs.

Go Canucks Go!
If you are looking for a cheap hobby that will get you out into the woods, collect rocks or bird watch........don't buy a Jeep.

Offline Traktor

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »
Vancouver.

Not many other teams have the depth and the discipline of the Canucks. And unlike a dump & chase or a trap team they are also fun to watch. I think it will be a very entertaining road to the cup.
1995 Cherokee Country (Kaw-liga) - Way too much chrome, but just enough red.

Offline Tyn Pow

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »

Not a fan of either of these teams but to give the jam to bettman would be tight

And squirt off the American Broadcasters due to lost TV advertisement revenue. They researched it years ago and figured the lost revenue would be in the billions because American viewers would drop drastically if it were 2 CDN teams in the playoffs

Eff em, they got the b-ball playoffs going on.  I'm sure you've heard the stat that says 1/3 of the NHL's revenue comes from the Canadian teams which make up 1/5 of the league.  There's some great American markets and American teams but there are also a few that make me almost hate what the NHL is today.

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 09:59:54 PM »
  i know there are lots of Flames fans

Yeah, but I don't know why?

GO HABS GO  !
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 10:23:09 PM »
The Sedin sisters and the gay race car driver from talladega nights are taking the cup.
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »
Gotta stick with the family history and go with the Rangers. I could never support the nucks after meeting so many of their fans :P

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
Flyers
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 05:24:30 PM »
Flyers

i was waiting for you to vote Tom :)
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
i was waiting for you to vote Tom :)
:D
i will say that reffing has been brutal and inconsistent in many series for BOTH teams playing. i do not get it. Call stuff that should NEVER be called and than let stuff that SHOULD be called not.
Frustrating to watch.

And another thing. Whats with CBC and not having a clock showing time left in powerplays?
Ridiculous.

Good to see NYR win. Too bad Chi town couldn't get it done.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline rcktgirl

• Stocker
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »
My bf is a DIE HARD Canucks fan but I won't be jumping on the Canucks bandwagon. There is just something about Vancouver Canucks fans that irritates me. Oh right....maybe it's because every time I have gone to the dome for a Calgary/Vancouver game, the canuck fans get right in my face. They are lucky i didn't punch them out.

I would like to see a Montreal/Vancouver final for sure!

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
Because they have 2 players born and raised in Marlborough park, Represent N.E. Calgary!!

Jeep
With stuff

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »
flames fan all the way no matter what you have to stick with your team. no bandwagon jumping here. If canucks continue playing good and lou doesent choke they might just do it. I still think the wings will take them in 7 games.