Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: GoPro HD Motorsports HERO  (Read 6681 times)

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
GoPro HD Motorsports HERO
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
Has anyone used one of these? Im looking at buying one, but have not actually seen one up close, or heard of anyones actual experience using one! I want to get one primarily to mount on the bullbar, and to take out fishing with me, but are they really armored as well as they say? I would just like to get some actual user opinions on them before i put down the money :)

http://gopro.com/

I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: GoPro HD Motorsports HERO
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:33:11 PM »
I may have a Contour HD 1080P with extra battery and waterproof case for sale if your interested.
Very comparable to the GoPro HERO.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
Thanks Vinman, Ive seen those as well, but I do want to stick with the GoPro :)
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
I've heard good things about the cameras, but have no first hand experience. I will say that their suction cup mount is flat-out amazing. My dad and I used it as a cowl mount for a digital camcorder in Moab last year, and that thing was unreal. You could use it for pulling dents.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:30 PM »
I had an HD GoPro and love it.  The cases it comes with are incredible.  I still have to mount it to the Jeep and go for a spin but just using it around town handheld even I've been really really impressed with the video quality you get from them.  For their size and application I don't think you can get any better.  I'll try to shoot a video from my Jeep with it this next week.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:52:27 PM »
I'll try to shoot a video from my Jeep with it this next week.

That would be sweet! If you do, let me know :D Id love to see something from it other than what GoPro wants you to see on their site ;)

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »
For sure.  I'm going to try to fix a mount for it tomorrow so there will be some daylight cruising videos to post by tomorrow night.

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »
Simon, let me know when your buying one.   I want one now!
04 TJ Rubi

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:25 PM »
ive had my gopro widescreen for a couple years now. this is the origianl, not the hd. that being said, its pretty good. for the most part ive used it mountain biking attached to my helmet. ive hit trees, rocks and had plenty of dirt and water all over the unit. camera stays fine inside the case. the hd version is much better then mine. but like i said, the old version is still pretty good. mine doesnt have the best sound quality but i think they fixed that with the Hd versions. the mounting hardware is easy to use and works great. a lot of options to mount the camera. if you want a video or two pm me your email address.
eric
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 08:13:11 PM »

Fine be that way.............Group Buy???
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 11:32:47 PM »
Fine be that way.............Group Buy???

Hahaha :D

I really want one!!! Im currently trying to get hooked up with them through work, but if that falls through I might be making a trip up to the kiosk in Cross Iron mills on my next day off to see if they will swing us deal on a group buy :D These things are awesome!! Will let you know what he says, but it will be worth my gas just to drive out there and play with one I figure :) Would be awesome to mount on the bull bar and go play :D Ive also seen some neat footage shot from under a jeep... Proabably not recommended, but still cool :)

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 09:04:35 AM »
Yeah the guy from WayALife who does ProjectJK etc did an under belly cam to show a new suspension setup once.  It looked amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKlzdBU2u2E

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 09:10:18 AM »
That EvoLever setup made me scratch my head...and then it made me drool. Coilovers without cutting your tub.  :o
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:05 AM »
ive only heard good thing about the GoPro carmera

i know guys that run them on dirt bikes ,quads , mountain bikes , snowboard helmits , wakeboarders use them as well  there very water proof and very strong

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2011, 09:44:06 AM »
here u can see the quality and the strenth of the mounts and cases the camera doesnt even miss a second
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po9hrXXQFaY

just youtube GoPro  and theres hundreds of videos of all kinds
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer