Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Will the Jeep Truck come back what do you think.  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
Will the Jeep Truck come back what do you think.
« on: August 24, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
 The other day the last Dakota was built and nothing has been introduced to replace it.

Fiat and Jeep presidents have hinted at a Jeep truck. I read in a article that the Gladiator Concept truck got a new paint job some time ago and now recently had the concepts IL4 Diesel replaced by the V6 gas and made more DOT friendly.   

I think it is coming, with JKs success and the small/mid truck market growing so fast Chrysler needs something. I hope they just call it a JT and have a Gladiator, and Comanche trim packages. Not some stupid name like they did changing the 02 Cherokee to Liberty at the last minute and still call it a Cherokee for the rest of the world.

What do you guys think? Jeep truck coming and would you consider it.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Will the Jeep Truck come back what do you think.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:44:50 AM »
I'll buy one if they build like a J8 with a diesel...so that I can tow my JK with a JK truck.  ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:02:24 AM »
i've read its coming back to take on the market champion honda ridgeline.... a unibody truck based off the Nitro/Liberty platform and NOT the JK platform.

pass.

~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

YoungFluff03TJ

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 02:25:18 PM »
Man i hope so. That gladiator was pretty sweet

Offline Brooneg

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
If it's a full frame NOT a unibody I would be interested...WITH a diesel!!!!

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »
i've read its coming back to take on the market champion honda ridgeline.... a unibody truck based off the Nitro/Liberty platform and NOT the JK platform.

pass.

I am thinking they might be coming out with a min truck. I have also read that VW is talking about bring thing there smaller trucks to north America. the Dakota replacement better have a frame if it wants to take on the Tacoma.
When it comes to trucks you need to remember that Alberta is the odd ball for truck sales, for the rest of the country most want the smaller trucks.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
I'll buy one if they build like a J8 with a diesel...so that I can tow my JK with a JK truck.  ;D

Oh god I can't wait for that day.  But I'll be towing a 4BT JK with a J8 JK.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 05:33:20 PM »
i just want a 4BT in my TJ and ill be happy .. those JK's already have way to many computers they need to get rid of all the traction control and roll over stuff     
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer