Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: full clutch replacement  (Read 5585 times)

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
Re: full clutch replacement
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 11:33:25 AM »
You just have to "know" people to get a better rate than the general public. Being a jeeper "knowing" the right people is imperative.

being a jeeper   you should know how to change and fix anythign on your own jeep

why pay someone if you can do it your self
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »
Sometimes its cheaper faster to pay someone else. I used to do all my own work. Now that I'm in fort mac working I pay people to do stuff I don't want to because my time at home is more valuable or because I want to minimise the downtime.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Evil-Jeep

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
Sometimes its cheaper faster to pay someone else. I used to do all my own work. Now that I'm in fort mac working I pay people to do stuff I don't want to because my time at home is more valuable or because I want to minimise the downtime.

agreed. between work and two boys playing hockey, changing a clutch out in a parking lot, in November after work, is not high on my priority list of things to do. However the knowledge or general ability to do it yourself in an emergency situation is a necessity.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
well   i guess in my case its just easier for me to do my work 

and that probably because i dont have a family and i dont work out of town

04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 12:32:06 PM »
Being a mechanic myself I hate taking stuff in but atleast when I do I know when I'm getting screwed.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 06:58:49 PM »

This.

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2011, 06:22:37 PM »
OP you get paid around $900 a day?, if so then do it at a shop if not then that day your going to take off wont cost ya $900 i just changed the clutch on my jeep cuz the pushbearing blew up and messed up my clutch. I replaced it with a cherokee clutch, my dad is a mechanic hes been doing it since he was 14, took us 7 hrs to get it replaced and every thing, with no lift just jacks and and tools.

If taking it to a shop and they quote 6 to 7 hrs or more then they are robbing you blind

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »
My  times are way less then at. I do them in less then 3 hours and that's laying on the floor of my garage

Offline Darkcalling

• Winch Wench
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 10:49:14 AM »
Ok Rubio I might be in for you doing mine as I have to many projects on the go atm myself with 4 vehicles and a main bathroom demoed for redo lol. I hope to milk this one till the swap but if worse comes then your up ;)
1999 Grand Cherokee Leredo 31s, 2000 TJ Sahara stock with 31s, 2007 Stang GT ragtop cold air and exhaust, 2011 Ram 3500 Cold air and exhaust so far.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »
sounds good ..  i just need to finish my jeep first .. its taking all the space in the garage
but when its done . ill be ready

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »