Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: JK Lit kit  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Tomtwoshoes

• Baby Wheeler
JK Lit kit
« on: November 28, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
Ok   The Jk need a Lift lik I tried the daystar kit with the spacer  That sucked   talk with Broke Axle to they have 6.5in BDS   is that a good kit and dose any one have one thier JK   Thanks 

RUBICON13

Re: JK Lit kit
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 05:25:15 PM »
I have done a lot of research and talked to a lot of people here on the forum and they swear by the Old Man Emu 2.5" (really 3" lift kit). Mine arrived at Broken Axel last Friday and will be installed asap...

Jeff

Offline LEMON-AID JAY

• That CB Yapper
  • Bad a$$ zj owner
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
We are curantly putting together a bulk order from rock krawler they have some nice systems for JK s.

http://www.rockkrawler.com/index.php?r_intro=no

On our bulk orders you will save shipping and duty.  If they have something you would like a price on let me know. There aluminum long arm kits are very cool to.
E-mortal customs
Www.e-mortalcustoms.com
3-2808 Ogden road s.e.
E-mail. [email protected]
Phone 403-265-6669
E-mail @ [email protected]
for all your 4x4 needs

www.piratesof4x4.com

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 06:22:00 PM »
You're going from a spacer to a 6.5 inch? You do know that a 3 inch lift will clear 35's easily on a JK, right?

If you give us an idea of what size tires you want to run and what you want to do with your Jeep, we will be able to provide a lot more in the way of helpful information.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 06:56:47 PM »
Which ever kit you decide to go with I don't charge you shipping or duty on OME or the BDS kits.

There are NO HIDDEN FEES when you come to pick up your parts
(or after they are installed).  What you are quoted is what you pay!

If there are any questions, pm or call me!

Thanks
Dave
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:15:24 PM by BrokenAxle »

Offline silverfox

• That CB Yapper
  • drawrof og nac enoyna
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 07:20:55 PM »
OME for me 2" Lift Kit HD Springs
2018 JLU Lifted on 37's

Offline jeepgrl

• UberWheeler
  • All those JKs are starting to look the same...
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 08:16:11 PM »
You're going from a spacer to a 6.5 inch? You do know that a 3 inch lift will clear 35's easily on a JK, right?

I totally agree... here's mine with a 3-1/2" lift on 35's.  Lots of room...
Current project:
2012 2-door Orange Crush JK
AEV 3.5" lift
33" Mikey Thompson MTZ
Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers
Warn VR800 winch

BUILT AND SOLD: Silver 2007 JKU (because they all look the same now anyway)

Offline WK2008

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 08:20:31 AM »
OME for me 2" Lift Kit HD Springs

I second Shaun on this one. I have the OME on my grand and I am very happy with it. Save yourself the money and headaches and do it right the first time.

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 09:11:33 AM »
I just had an OME 2" lift put one too... LOVE IT!  35's are next.
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 02:24:12 PM »
+ another 1 for the OME. I'm running the OME setup with LT shocks and HD springs. Flexes ridonkulously for a short arm 3 inch lift.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Mikes offroad

• Winch Wench
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 05:39:19 AM »
AEV 4.5" Premium kit from Stan at Northridge perfect amount of lift for 37". Easy install and rides great. I think that you will have to ask yourself an honest question as to how much offroad use and highway use your Jeep will see. I had a 6" Full Traction lift on my XJ it flexed great offroad but sucked driving on the street. A member in our club up here had a JK with the BDS lift and it rode like crap also but was good offroad. I think with the OME and I know the AEV lift fit my bill of 75% street and 25% offroad. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.