Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2007 Wrangler Unlimited lights  (Read 2225 times)

Offline nicksharding

• Stocker
2007 Wrangler Unlimited lights
« on: December 05, 2011, 05:08:23 PM »
I wondered if anyone can suggest how I uprate the lights on my 2007 Wrangler. The lights are not brilliant (to say the least!).  What's the best solution and where can I get them changed in Calgary, or anywhere closer to Canmore where I live?

Thanks

Nick.

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: 2007 Wrangler Unlimited lights
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 05:12:29 PM »
There are a few guys that have put in the Hella H4 upgrade lights in.  Do a search for them.  W Squared posted a site that sells them a while back.

Offline LEMON-AID JAY

• That CB Yapper
  • Bad a$$ zj owner
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
I wondered if anyone can suggest how I uprate the lights on my 2007 Wrangler. The lights are not brilliant (to say the least!).  What's the best solution and where can I get them changed in Calgary, or anywhere closer to Canmore where I live?

Thanks

Nick.
I can set you up with HID's Give me a call tomorrow at the shop 403 287 3350 ask for jay.
E-mortal customs
Www.e-mortalcustoms.com
3-2808 Ogden road s.e.
E-mail. [email protected]
Phone 403-265-6669
E-mail @ [email protected]
for all your 4x4 needs

www.piratesof4x4.com

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »
I replaced my Jk's headlights with the IPF lights, way better than stock.
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 05:23:06 PM »

Thanks

Nick.

Be honest. The factory JK light are craptacular. The "fog lights" are brighter than the low beams.

Susquehanna motorsports sells a great conversion kit for about $200. They provide H4 pots, bulbs, relays, and wiring harness...with just plain-jane 55W bulbs in there, those H4's perform as well as the HID's in my girlfriend's Audi - the only difference is that they don't have that cool colour that all of Fraser's friends from beyond.ca love so much. There's a "does not work with DRL" warning on the site, but I've talked with the guy at Susquehanna, and he says it's not an issue. Just be aware that once you install the kit, any time your Daytime running Lights turn on, your high-beams will be full on. You can solve this by either turning on your headlights (and running low beam), or by using an AEV pro-cal to adjust your computer so that the DRL programming turns on your fog lights instead of the high beams.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Unknown303

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 08:27:30 AM »
Be honest. The factory JK light are craptacular. The "fog lights" are brighter than the low beams.

Susquehanna motorsports sells a great conversion kit for about $200. They provide H4 pots, bulbs, relays, and wiring harness...with just plain-jane 55W bulbs in there, those H4's perform as well as the HID's in my girlfriend's Audi - the only difference is that they don't have that cool colour that all of Fraser's friends from beyond.ca love so much. There's a "does not work with DRL" warning on the site, but I've talked with the guy at Susquehanna, and he says it's not an issue. Just be aware that once you install the kit, any time your Daytime running Lights turn on, your high-beams will be full on. You can solve this by either turning on your headlights (and running low beam), or by using an AEV pro-cal to adjust your computer so that the DRL programming turns on your fog lights instead of the high beams.

:'( why are you bashing on us Beyonders....  I'm checking out you're recommendation by the way. I'm tooooo white to run fancy colored headlights.