Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: ZJ bumpers  (Read 1761 times)

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
ZJ bumpers
« on: January 05, 2012, 10:27:35 AM »
Considering options for bumpers and came across this

http://www.flatland4x4.com/product1.html

Kinda like em I do.  Anybody have an idea what they'd cost to build?

Offline priceless

• Winch Wench
Re: ZJ bumpers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:52:41 PM »
FYI those plans are free on Google Shetch up. Been around for a few years and to me looks really good.

very close to the KOR Stealth.

I've looked into getting one cut but the price i've been quoted just for cutting and material is still not that great.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:55:13 PM by priceless »

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:43:40 PM »
Thanks for the heads up re sketchup.  Still gotta be less expensive building one locally instead of shipping something in.  Ideally I'd like to have an ARB up front but that's gunna run about $1200 before install(watched Dom smoke a deer at 110 kph and thought he ran over a beer can :o).

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 02:32:42 PM »
not really Rob.

most of us just gave up on ZJ front bumpers. to make something that intricate you'll be forking over big bucks too. 
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 02:49:00 PM »
not really Rob.

most of us just gave up on ZJ front bumpers. to make something that intricate you'll be forking over big bucks too. 

Soooo, yur just gunna stick with the RC mount then Johnny?  It's a great option 'value' wise.  How much trimming have you already done to clear tires.  Just running the 31's I've got a fair bit of rubbage ::)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
theres not much bumper there.  there won't be in the future either. not a lot of fender left either ;) and what pinch seam?

the aftermarket bumpers are nice but expensive, and you will pay similar to get a quality product build by someone like Jay or Clay (EMF) 

frankly i'm cool with my winchplate cause i can build off it one day, a completly custom thing. 
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline NUXJR

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
Would still be nice to know from someone in the fab business how much these would take to have built.  Who knows, might be reasonable after all 8).

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 06:14:33 PM »
do you guys like that particular style? 3/16" plate. i'll might be able to crunch some numbers.

Offline priceless

• Winch Wench
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
I really do. I'm still working on prices so any help would be appreciated, especially from a fellow Jeeper!   :)

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 09:31:47 PM »
Scrap from federal metals would bring cost down. They usually have pieces that would be workable for a Z bumper.  if you  got some plans and cut out templates, it would be cheaper to have some one build one.
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.