Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: A member of the secret society  (Read 6051 times)

Offline WK2008

• UberWheeler
Re: A member of the secret society
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
i put forward a movement for this topic/therad be nuked

I thought you might say that. Wouldn't want anymore outsiders to see someone with a pair call you out. This is far too juvenile for me anyways. Peace

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.960776,-114.070846

Offline WK2008

• UberWheeler
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 01:41:00 PM »
now you are a arse. we are a club that without even knowing who you are and what you have. will take you and your whatever POS rig out on a open run and drag and kick your arse all the way through it.
Now F@#k off and go join a club that makes you take 3 class room courses and do runs that you have to pay their set rates for before they will even let you out on their runs. OH ya you don't have a Toyota. 
Oh by the way they also have secret runs as well. open you pocket book because unless you buy bolt on they think it is not safe and no good.
Good day sir and don't show your face or soccer mom rigs at my run.

You're a real class act.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.960669,-114.070806

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
Please tell me and the rest why you have not joined the CJA yet?
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2012, 01:52:46 PM »
Of course there is a secret society within a society. It happens in all clubs. Nothing wrong with that.
If you have 6 members with rigs that are incredibly well built and capable, than you probably organize some secret runs with like minded vehicles. It makes sense.

Who wants rigs along that are not capable enough to do some of the nastiest, toughest terrain? i know i didn't when i had my built Rubi.
Who wants 20 rigs along to impede progress for a day of wheelin when you can go with 6 built rigs to cover more terrain, faster and sicker venues? i know i wouldn't.

There is nothing wrong with that because...
CJA does SOOOOO MUCH more by having so many open runs, club runs and club camping weekends. i think my hats off to the club for trying so hard to involve every member of the club AND non members throughout the year.

There will always be secret runs to closely guarded places in any OHV club. Until you get into the 'loop', you will never be part of them.

How does one get into the loop?
1/ join the club!
2/ Build your rig bigger and better
3/ Get a reputation as being a cool kid and/or a fearless wheeler
4/Go do double up at Maclean, video it and show 'the loop' that you are worthy of consideration to the secret society.

Sadly, i am out of the loop, when at one time i was 'the man' of the loop ;)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2012, 01:55:20 PM »
And lets not nuke this thread 8)

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2012, 01:56:28 PM »
Of course there is a secret society within a society. It happens in all clubs. Nothing wrong with that.
If you have 6 members with rigs that are incredibly well built and capable, than you probably organize some secret runs with like minded vehicles. It makes sense.

Who wants rigs along that are not capable enough to do some of the nastiest, toughest terrain? i know i didn't when i had my built Rubi.
Who wants 20 rigs along to impede progress for a day of wheelin when you can go with 6 built rigs to cover more terrain, faster and sicker venues? i know i wouldn't.

There is nothing wrong with that because...
CJA does SOOOOO MUCH more by having so many open runs, club runs and club camping weekends. i think my hats off to the club for trying so hard to involve every member of the club AND non members throughout the year.

There will always be secret runs to closely guarded places in any OHV club. Until you get into the 'loop', you will never be part of them.

How does one get into the loop?
1/ join the club!
2/ Build your rig bigger and better
3/ Get a reputation as being a cool kid and/or a fearless wheeler
4/Go do double up at Maclean, video it and show 'the loop' that you are worthy of consideration to the secret society.

Sadly, i am out of the loop, when at one time i was 'the man' of the loop ;)

Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline WK2008

• UberWheeler
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »
You took this to a whole other level and made it personal. I was just trying to make a point and clearly went about it the wrong way. I apologize if I offended you personally but when you made it personal so did I.

You are right, this thread needs to go as its not doing anyone any good.

Have a great weekend man as I don't want to upset anyone over a post on a forum.

Cheers,

John

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.955008,-114.120992

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 02:11:50 PM »
1. Buy a Jeep
2. Refer to #1  ;D

contructive critisism! It's ok Vinman
Even in our dictatorship secret society, we can make changes.
Point taken John, not enough CJA exec sightings in the woods.

Change will be implemented in order of importance based on the number of people suggesting it, so far, 1.

Seriously though, that WK scares me. I would be nervous leading a run knowing the cost of repairs each of my decisions may be. Kowing there are no spare parts for you on the trail. Trying to challenge / have fun for all involved, yet being cautious as to not hurt that fancy Jeep. But it is not mine, so maybe i shouldn't care?

Durango doesn't qualify for Jeep club.

Buy my Jeep TJ ! it's on kijiji now, then you will own 2 rigs THAT PRE RAN THIS YEARS 101 TRAILS.
For any further 101 discussions please PM SpecialK, the topic has been beat down enough already on this site.
Jeep
With stuff

Offline apeman

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not as grumpy
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2012, 02:12:41 PM »
First off wk2008 , quit your griping because the people who want to run harder trails than a near stock wk can handle, dont call you to join, or post up to every stock JK owner. The club has open runs which are good hand holding times, and those seem to suit you just fine. If you were to go out on some of the harder runs, break your ill-equiped junk, and have a miserable day at it, you would be posting up howawful these runs are, just as you are doing now. If you choose to put more money and time into your rig instead of buying someone elses, you may find - like the rest of us- your free time is diminished.
You havent even taken time to become a member, and you gripe about thier being secret runs....?  baaahahaha
I changed the format of the open runs this year, to be few and more difficult, and kept the member runs the same...first off to weed out the wieners like you, and to allow members to enjoy time with other members,since most of us have spent that large amount of time and money building our rigs to go where stockers cant.  Want to get to know the exec?  Become a member,build your WK up, and show up to a campout with a box of wine and some bacon wrapped weiners. After 2 days you will be begging to get back home.
The big problem you face now is getting voted into the club, since now the exec knows you are wiener.
And not being able to attend the open runs...since your rango is not a jeep.
good luck with selling your point to the rest of the "society".
Try www.beyond.ca for future runs.
Getting grumpier every day.
99 XJ - It's got sum stuff ,Noel free stuff..
98 ZJ - It's just ugly, but bigger than your Rubi

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2012, 02:14:25 PM »
You do not meet the tier size for this run right off the hop.

33" tires often actually measure 32". If yours are wore down a bit, maybe less. So his 32" tire might even be bigger then yours.  ;)
Jeep
With stuff

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2012, 02:18:38 PM »

True, but is any of this "secret"?  As in, intentionally being kept from people?  No, it's just that it's not shared with everyone.

I went to a buddy's place for his birthday party.....was that "secret" because everyone wasn't invited?  No.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2012, 02:26:56 PM »
True, but is any of this "secret"?  As in, intentionally being kept from people?  No, it's just that it's not shared with everyone.

I went to a buddy's place for his birthday party.....was that "secret" because everyone wasn't invited?  No.
It would not surprise me if on a website, there are forums set up that only certain people can see and participate. Again, i am 100% ok with it and i have ZERO knowledge whether one exists on this site, nor do i care.
Its ok to be low key, especially with so much of Waiporous being closed ;)

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »
WK2008, I thought you were leading an open run today? Are you posting here while 4x4'ing?
Jeep
With stuff

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2012, 03:01:16 PM »
wow... really who cares?

John or WK2008.. you're not going to make freinds here with post like that.

If you're not happy here please feel free to move on to other site.

If you feel like sticking around; I would change your attitude or may be pop up to the meeting next week and complian out loud in person.

This is a club... not a forum !

Edit: will not nuke it but I don't see anything constructive (except for the good explanation of Dr Tom....thx for that)... lets' move on..(locked)...I'm off to go welding and grinding  ::)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:14:14 PM by SwampSinger »