Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Election time  (Read 10059 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Re: Election time
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »
i am going Wildrose this time. i voted Redford in to be the new leader but she disappointed me overall, and now i would like to see if Smith can disappoint me.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
 I can tell ya neither damn one of them is getting my vote. Now that im working mostly night shifts, and sleeping during the day when I can, THERES NOTHING MORE AGGRAVATING THAN MY CELL PHONE RINGING WITH AN AUTOMATED VOICE ASKING WHICH PARTY IM VOTING FOR!!!!!.

One keeps calling me from the wildrose, and the other from the PCs.... At least the wild rose one picked up when I called it back and I really dont think she will ever call me again :D

Hopefully they dont have my address........
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 10:01:41 PM »
If you don't practice your right to vote then you forfeit your right to complain/argue about politics.  my grandfather always said that.

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »
Oh I fully agree!!!

Just will have to think things through thoroughly this time around :D
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
I'm voting Wild Rose only because their leader has nice "tires" ;D
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »

Here is the sign on a rural backroad south of chestermere like ted the road is in need of repair. Like ted the road is a back road. Not a major highway. Come election day this back road pc candidate will be voted out.
A poll released today by rorum research says that the wildrose will win the election by a majority. The reason when twenty something mla,s from the pc party collect $1000 a month for three years and do nothing.
I will not be voting for allison redford leader of the pc party cause of the corruption and she has no tires on her bus.

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »
Andy - I'm still confused....  you are saying you will not be voting PC?   Just want to be clear on that... ;)
04 TJ Rubi

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2012, 06:47:32 PM »
Correct. Will not suger coat this.

I will not be voting for the pc.

I will not be voting for the progressive conservitive party or pc ,s for short.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »
And all this time I thought you had all these little pet names for Morton because you liked him and his party. and everything they stand for.  :-[ :)

I don't put much merit into public oppinion polls but this is an interesting site to follow. One can dream.

http://www.electionalmanac.com/ea/alberta/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:43:21 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
Good link.  Bookmarked. Thanks Gunner.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
Here's your subliminal message for the day. You'll have to look at the picture and blink quickly hundreds of times for it to work.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:22:52 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline raf2379

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 06:48:51 AM »
i'm voting for OBAMA  :P

ahh nvm wrong elections duh!!! :-[

Offline TLTJMJ

• Winch Wench
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 08:32:35 AM »
I'm sorry but voting wildrose is like voting for the tea party in the states. Abortions/private healthcare/ anti gay/anti freedom/openly racist. As a left wing voter kinda sitting this one on the sideline I'm a little shocked and a little disheartened that this party is actually receiving support. It seems to me most of you are voting based on the past and aren't really looking at alberta's future or your future.
Now don't get me wrong the left parties are a little out of touch with albertans but seriously another right wing majority? You would be better served with a little competition and actual dialogue.
Neither of the right wing parties has half a chance at fixing our healthcare. I can also promise you none of us will sit by and watch private healthcare expand in this country.

I also just wanted to touch on oil royalties, I know thats a big issue but i do want to point out the rhetoric about companies leaving alberta if royalties went up is absurd. We give these companies the right to take money out of the ground. It's basically a money tree. Ya we charge a little for the right to pick but the picker never walks away empty handed. Maybe if they don't want our oil,  alberta could drill for itself and only albertans would be getting rich from alberta's resources
We have more oil then most of the world combined and really we should all be a lot better off because of it.   

Oh and seriously the liberal leader is probably smarter then every other leader combined and even if you don't vote for him please listen to some of his ideas. It would be nice to see the other parties back a leader with that level of intelligence and accomplishment for once. Although the pc's seem to prefer alcoholics and cheaters .....lol

I just wish the right wing parties/voters were capable of compassion towards other people, this world would sure be a nicer place. All i ever see from them is Hate!

Oh and before you slam me for voting left stop and think please..........maybe if you guys were nicer to the left you would get some wheeling support from them aswell..........just a thought.......

Please don't vote for one party because your mad at another, thats not how this system was meant to work.
96XJ 4.0

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:15 AM »

I also just wanted to touch on oil royalties, I know thats a big issue but i do want to point out the rhetoric about companies leaving alberta if royalties went up is absurd. We give these companies the right to take money out of the ground. It's basically a money tree. Ya we charge a little for the right to pick but the picker never walks away empty handed. Maybe if they don't want our oil,  alberta could drill for itself and only albertans would be getting rich from alberta's resources
We have more oil then most of the world combined and really we should all be a lot better off because of it.   

Really?  Because last time that happened lots of the "pickers" just went next door to Sask. and picked over there until we got our heads straightened around.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 09:02:30 AM »
Please don't vote for one party because your mad at another, thats not how this system was meant to work.
Vengeance dictates my vote...not logic.... vengeance...