Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Election time  (Read 10058 times)

Offline Dagoose

• Budget Lift
Re: Election time
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 10:00:33 AM »
Really?  Because last time that happened lots of the "pickers" just went next door to Sask. and picked over there until we got our heads straightened around.

I agree, I work for a medium sized oil company with land in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and the US (Montana and Dakotas). If the cost of drilling goes up too high in Alberta, we'd invest wherever we can get the biggest return. I agree that the royalties could be tweaked, but if someone comes in and takes everything away, other provinces (or the US) could scoop up a lot of business. Look at what happened to Saskatchewan after the NDP's moved in.

The oil sands won't change because they take too much time and money to set up. However, the amount of money that the big oil companies invest would go down drastically. You have to understand how oil companies get their money to invest. It's all about where they can get the biggest return on investment. Is that in Canada, US, Africa, Middle East, off shore? Don't fool yourself into thinking that because Alberta has lots of oil that companies will spend whatever it takes to get it, especially when there are other options.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 12:05:42 PM »

Oh and before you slam me for voting left stop and think please..........maybe if you guys were nicer to the left you would get some wheeling support from them aswell..........just a thought.......

Now THAT is funny. Worth the price of admission, right there.

None of the folks here thing all that much of what the PC government has done to wheeling accessibility in Alberta....but it's still a lot better than what a Liberal or NDP government would have done over the same period.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
http://http://mortonopposition.com/
This is a parody from the liberal party. But this what we want. For the pc,s to be reduced to the opposition with wildrose as the majority in the election.  Now Redford is in a very tight battle in her riding, she looses then resigns and morton gets on as leader of the opposition party , the pcs.
Now historically the governing party always does what the opposite of what the opposition wants and they, the opposition want more trail closures.
Lets all vote and get the wildrose in as majority goverment.

It would even be better if morton loses in his riding in Chestermere as well.

Sent from my I junk

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 02:49:44 PM »
Andy, I think you should have stated in the beginning of this thread that people are required to state how long they have lived in Alberta with thier post. Just curious some times.

TMTJMJ, someone already pointed out the oil royalties from only about 3 years ago. Sask. sure did pick up in business quickly after that PC idea.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:52:06 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
Andy, I think you should have stated in the beginning of this thread that people are required to state how long they have lived in Alberta with thier post. Just curious some times.

Aren't you considered a naturalized citizen after attending two Stampedes?  ;D
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »
Depends...do you own a white hat?

Oops..neither do I. :)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »
I don't do hats.

After twelve years, I still consider myself a carpetbagging Easterner. Mostly because I don't much like crowds, and I only ever attended one Stampede. I guess I'll never end up truly naturalized.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 04:31:37 PM »
TMTJMJ, someone already pointed out the oil royalties from only about 3 years ago. Sask. sure did pick up in business quickly after that PC idea.

Even the small school I was teaching at in Rocky lost about 6 families to Saskatchewan.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 04:37:29 PM »
Ralph had an expression for certain easterners. Lol. Now that should apply to americans. Ted Morton is an american. Another reason not to vote for him or any other member of the pc party.

Sent from my I junk

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 05:13:51 PM »
hahahaha....yup and even all the people that  weren't bums and scums took offence to that comment. He never did retract it but simply explained in which text it was made. I'll never forget that one. ;D

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:23 PM »
i have 17 yrs under my belt in Alberta. When Stelmach raised the cost of doing business in this province. Oil/gas called his bluff and pulled out.
It hurt us huge! My business took a huge hit during that time period. Finally as we lay bleeding, Stelmach reduced the royalty taxing.

Is it any surprise that after that Alberta recovered the quickest in Canada during the Recession.

i will tell you why i am voting Wildrose.

Number one reason is that there is no way they can do worse than PC.
Number 2 is MAYBE, just maybe they might do so much better.
Three, reducing MLA's salaries by about 40g, no pay for any committee work and FULLY taxed on their income makes me happy.
If every MLA had to pay full taxes, it might make them look at other ways to reduce deficit instead of the continual rise in taxes.

As for 4x4 policies? who cares, they all lie anyways.

sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Dracitamo

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
I'll add one more thing to Spinal guys list why to vote Wildrose.
This hasn't been a hot topic, but for some of us, choice matters.

Currently with the PC a farmer can't take unpasteurized milk off his property without facing jail time. He can't let a hired hand drink it. Only the owner of the cow is allowed to drink it. In order for him to sell it, it has to be pasteurized and then we wonder why we are all finding out we are lactose intolerant or celiac. What kinda crap do they put in our food we get from the grocery stores? Before the health board was involved with what was approved for public sale (and the same people who determine what drugs are approved but that's a whole other topic) how many people were lactose? Celiac? had allergies? I for one would like the choice to choose fresh produce and milk without all the drugs they put into it.

What happened to freedom of choice? That was taken away by the PC dictatorship. Sure it's a minor issue, but look at all the other "minor" issues that have been imposed. At least Wildrose will give us a choice. NDP want to ruin Alberta, Liberals want to tax the hell out of us, and PC want to force us to live by their rules. At least with Wildrose, we have a chance to have a choice.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
If there is one reason to vote wild rose...  They have the best names
1.  Prasad PANDA (there so cute and cuddly)
2.  Jeremy NIXON (I'm not a crook)
3.  HAPPY MANN (seriously, need I say more)
4.  Tim DYCK (family friendly site, come on ;)
5.  Corrie ADOLPH (that's courage)
6.  Ron LEECH (sucker)
7.  Jackie LOVELY (hot as hell)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:39:58 PM by BUKI »

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 08:21:13 AM »

Oh and before you slam me for voting left stop and think please..........

I thought about it and I need to vote with my right hand, if I'm going to take the time to vote, I don't want my ballet to be discounted because it looks like a drunken kindergartener voted for me.
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 09:52:56 PM »
Looks to be a PC majority
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.