Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: CJA 5th Annual Jeep 101 - INFORMATION ONLY REGISTRATION TO FOLLOW  (Read 5044 times)

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY – REGISTRATION TO FOLLOW AT A LATER DATE

The Calgary Jeep Association is pleased to announce the 5th annual Off-Road 101 Course

This is a one day family friendly course that is open to anyone that will introduce participants to the basic skills that are necessary during an Off-Road adventure, as well as safe and environmentally friendly practices while on the trail.

Rough outline of the day:
The course will take place at the Mclean Creek off highway land use area.  We will be meeting at the Mclean Creek store from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. At 9am we'll start with introduction to off roading instruction, along with various beginner obstacles to get you acquainted with your jeeps capabilities. Around noon we'll have a short lunch break (you’re responsible to bring your own lunch as well as addition food and drinks the rest of the day).  Then we'll head out for a trail ride with CJA members providing instruction and support throughout the way.  Please note that this is an offroading activity and there is always the possibility that damage and scratches can occur to any vehicle.  The trail guides will do their best to prevent / minimize any potential damage to the vehicles, but the potential is always there.

The number of participants will be limited to 20

Date: June 23, 2012

Registration to follow.  Do not try to register now.  It will be a first come, first serve basis

Entry fee: Donation to the Calgary Jeep Association Trail Fund.

**The trail fund is used to build and maintain the local OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trail system in order to insure that future generations can enjoy it. **

Vehicle Requirements to attend
•   Must be a Jeep Product that has off road capabilities
•   Must have up to date Registration, Insurance and License plates  
•   Must have front tow points properly secured to the vehicle, rear tow point is recommended but not required
•   CB Radio – This is for the benefit of the entire group
•   A proper seat belt for each passenger and driver
•   Must have good quality tires (no worn out and bald tires please)

** Please note that an inspection will be completed to all vehicles to verify the minimum vehicle requirements are met.  Vehicles that do not meet the minimum may be asked not to participant.  This is for the safety of everyone and is not negotiable **

Driver and Participants
•   The owner of the vehicle must be present
•   The driver must have a valid driver's license
•   All non CJA members must sign a liability waver
•   Must bring enough food and drinks for all participants in the Jeep.  Extra food and water is always a good idea
•   Clothing appropriate for the weather conditions  

Drugs and alcohol is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. You will be asked to leave immediately and possibly the police will be contacted
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Ddub1973

• Budget Lift
Re: CJA 5th Annual Jeep 101 - INFORMATION ONLY REGISTRATION TO FOLLOW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:29:02 AM »
Thanks for all the great information.  This sounds like it will be very informative for me as a newbie.  I do have a couple questions that maybe you could answer for me:

1. Is a CB absolutely necessary for this run?  I don't have one yet but do plan to get one.

2. When you mentioned that it is first come first serve with no preregistration, does that mean the first 20 that show up at the McLean Creek store get in?

Thanks for taking the time to do this.   :)
DDUB OIIIIO

2013 JKUR

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »
Thanks for all the great information.  This sounds like it will be very informative for me as a newbie.  I do have a couple questions that maybe you could answer for me:

1. Is a CB absolutely necessary for this run?  I don't have one yet but do plan to get one.

2. When you mentioned that it is first come first serve with no preregistration, does that mean the first 20 that show up at the McLean Creek store get in?

Thanks for taking the time to do this.   :)

To answer you questions, Yes I want everyone to have a CB radio on the trail.  It helps with keeping the group together and it is also for safety

I will be opening up registration probably at the beginning of June for this event.  At that time it will be the first people

Please let me know if you have any other questions
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Ddub1973

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
CB is installed and all I have to do is tune it, and then learn how to use it porpperly i guess  :P

Has registration been set yet?
DDUB OIIIIO

2013 JKUR

Offline Anton

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 11:20:40 AM »
Do you think it will be a 2 day event like last time?

Anton
1996 jeep cherokee.

Offline Kanueh

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
If anyone has pics or video from today of the silver JKU can you PM me, I'd like to see them.
2008 JKU Rubicon
3" BDS Lift / Kingone 9.5 Winch / 1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers / Custom Front Drive Shaft
EVO Sleeves, Outer axle seals, Gussets, Control Arm Skids / Poison Spyder EVAP Skid
Superchips FlashPaq / Spal Waterproof Radiator Fan / Univers