Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Happy with the Duelers after yesterday's storm  (Read 736 times)

Offline bloodfart

• Baby Wheeler
Happy with the Duelers after yesterday's storm
« on: October 24, 2012, 12:26:55 AM »
At around 1am yeasterday I drove through mcknight, deerfoot and stoney, and it was complete whiteout conditions. Being my first snowstorm in the JK and in RWD, I drove home in 4WD. The jeep didn't twitch once, did 70-80 and got home completely uneventfully and toasty warm from the super warm heater  8) Took a detour to the edge of town and tried some snow covered roads in 2WD. Couldn't really say there was much of any difference. I had to swing it quite hard to get the stability to kick in, but of course, i'm not gonna pretend it was riding like on dry pavement. But overall, that's not bad at all. Not sure how they'd fare on ice, but snow and deep slush seems to be just fine. I was worried I might need something like a DuraTrack or snow tire but now I'm unsure if that's needed. I'm all for snow tires, but the Duelers really did their job well. opinions? how will they do on light winter forest roads? how bout on pavement when it really gets cold and icy?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:28:49 AM by bloodfart »

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Happy with the Duelers after yesterday's storm
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 12:23:01 PM »
Had mine on for 2 years and have been very happy with them.  They have also performed well offroad on the runs I have been on.  I have put 60k on them as well and still have 50-60% life left.