Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 30 seconds  (Read 7205 times)

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
Re: 30 seconds
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 02:55:32 AM »
Signed.

Thx Tom.
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 07:02:57 AM »
X2 signs

Offline Slewfoot

• UberWheeler
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
signed

btw, only took 20 seconds  ;)
2006 Rubicon LJ (Unlimited) Mostly Stock

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
The petition is to "Prevent the loss of recreational land use in Southern Alberta" ??????

What is the sense in signing - there will always be recreational land use, the problem is it might not include MOTORIZED recreational use or RANDOM camping.

Almost 5000 signatures on a meaningless petition. (40 plus hours of wasted effort)

Further, electronic petitions are not acceptable to the legislative assembly.

http://www.assembly.ab.ca/pro/petition_guide.pdf

EDIT - not doom and gloom - very interested in doing something that will address the downsides of the potential recommendations coming forth from the SSRP but its going to need to be significantly more substantial than this.
5000 signatures delivered to the Minister might make her think though.
As i sated, it is a positive step.

Most Albertans did not even know this is going on. i invited members of CJA and 4WS that read these forums (i put a post with all info) to attend a consultation in Cochrane and surrounding cities. NO one showed any interest. i went to represent 4x4's and dirt bikes. It was well worth the effort.
We sat at various rountables with all stakeholders and a mediator for the event as well as a mediator at every table.
We got a great free breakfast, lunch and refreshments.

So to follow that up, someone decided to do an 'unofficial' petition. 5000+ names with addresses from all over Canada and USA will be presented to the Minister. Will it impact anything? i do not know but it sure beats doing nothing.

So to ask you directly, did you sign it? Thank you.
Did you go to the stakeholder meeting in your community when i posted it? (hint...check land use section)
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:41:42 PM »
http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=26676.0

And thank you to those that did sign it. We as a community are bitter and i fully get it. But, what is being proposed...err...slipped through is fatal to everyone that has any interest in outdoor pursuits.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: 30 seconds
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »
I didn't see you at the meeting I went to in Ardrie, must mean you don't care. What kind of fucked up logic is that?

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:23:55 PM »

And thank you to those that did sign it. We as a community are bitter and i fully get it. But, what is being proposed...err...slipped through is fatal to everyone that has any interest in outdoor pursuits.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 02:26:03 PM »

They have been fatal to many users for 30 years and nothing changes. I stopped reading your post when you requested no doom and gloom. That's all I got for you.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
I didn't see you at the meeting I went to in Ardrie, must mean you don't care. What kind of fucked up logic is that?
ummm...if you went then good for all of us. i believe my post was direct to cuzican.

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »
ummm...if you went then good for all of us. i believe my post was direct to cuzican.

Yup, I attended three of the open houses - one the first round in Lethbridge and twice for the second round (Calgary and Lethbridge) - you can probably read about it in a previous post - topic is very close to my heart and I struggle with the fact that the majority of motorized recreational users are not showing interest. I'm struggling further with the fact that a lot of people now think they have done their part by signing a petition and will opt out of doing anything else thinking.

Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: 30 seconds
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 08:37:54 PM »

Doesn't matter who its directed at, just don't see your logic in saying no one cares because YOU didn't see someone at one of many meetings.

That is all.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
Yup, I attended three of the open houses - one the first round in Lethbridge and twice for the second round (Calgary and Lethbridge) - you can probably read about it in a previous post - topic is very close to my heart and I struggle with the fact that the majority of motorized recreational users are not showing interest. I'm struggling further with the fact that a lot of people now think they have done their part by signing a petition and will opt out of doing anything else thinking.

That is awesome.
For many, the petition is as good as it gets.
10% of the community will do 100% of the work. Whether it be ATV, 4x4 or bikes, a very small percentage get involved.
So, i will gladly take a signature as a minimum.

Offline cuzican

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:41 PM »
For those interested here is a letter - please feel free to edit/modify as you see fit. If you need a word or rtf copy send me a pm.

-------------------------

Your name
You’re Address
Your City & postal code

Date

Honourable Diana McQueen
Stewardship Minister
204 Legislature Building
10800 97 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5K 2B6

Re: South Saskatchewan Regional Plan (SSRP)

Dear Minister McQueen:

My family and I enjoy off road motorized recreational use in the South Saskatchewan Region. I have learned about the SSRP consultation process that is underway and strongly support an increase in the availability of access for off road motorized recreational use in the South Saskatchewan region. Southern Alberta has some of the best terrain in the world for motorized off road activities. I want to see my sport grow in the years ahead.

I am very concerned by the limited amount of land that has been designated for motorized Off Highway Vehicle recreation in the South Saskatchewan regional plan proposal. I participate in my sport responsibly and see plenty of responsible use when I am recreating. But the lack of accessible motorized recreational areas will result in a lot of people recreating in small areas - which will result in a greater impact on these areas. More motorized recreational areas would really help to improve the experience and would reduce the traffic and impact areas currently being used.

There is a huge concern about the environmental sustainability of recreation in the South Saskatchewan region of Alberta. My family, friends and I share this concern, and have no desire to impact the land or the watershed in a negative way. The best trails are built in a sustainable way, such as avoiding extremely steep terrain which could cause erosion, and having a trail system which avoids wetland areas. We like to keep our trails healthy and sustainable for future use by all off road motorized users.

Our local off road clubs also put a lot of effort into working with ESRD on trail maintenance. We work hard as volunteers to ensure that our impact on the land and our community is a positive one. Our intent is to protect the environment and leave all areas better than the way we found it.

While the motorized recreational user community is small by some measures, please know that we are passionate about our sport and really value the recreation opportunities that Southern Alberta offers. Please consider this carefully as you and the Land Use Secretariat work to develop the SSRP into a work for all users of our fantastic land.

Best regards and thanks.

Your Name
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:08:21 PM by cuzican »
Southern Alberta Coulee Kruzer (new name same great wheelers)
97 TJ with improvements,  05 TJ Unlimited, 06 TJ Rubicon

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »
That's a good letter!  I encourage everyone who signed the petition to take 2 minutes and stamp and get it sent this week.   

And thanks to the few that did attend the meetings when the rest of us couldn't/didn't for what ever reason. 

04 TJ Rubi

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »
Just wondering - letters to Federal MP's and the PM do not require a stamp - anyone know if that is the case for provincial MPP's as well ?
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler