Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Spacer adaptors 5/5 to 5/4.5  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
Spacer adaptors 5/5 to 5/4.5
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:51 AM »
Hey guys, looking for some one that has spacer adaptors that I can test on my jk before I make up my mind and buying some

I want to see how my 15/33s swampers  will fit on the jk and if they would rub and how far they stick out let me know if you got some please that I can test out, will drive over with 1 tire for the testing thanks!!! 

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Spacer adaptors 5/5 to 5/4.5
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 05:59:25 AM »
17 is the new 15.

Many people using 15" wheels on the Rubi JK's have had issues with rubbing - specifically the outside of the calipers rubbing on the inside of the wheel. Some people with 15's on JK's have not had that issue. YMMV
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:18:01 AM »
17 is the new 15.

Many people using 15" wheels on the Rubi JK's have had issues with rubbing - specifically the outside of the calipers rubbing on the inside of the wheel. Some people with 15's on JK's have not had that issue. YMMV

yeah I know about the rubbing issue, the rims I have got big off set to them so with the the spacer adaptors they might stick out and clear the calipers that's why I want to test it first if I got no choice then I well sell the tires/rims and buy 17s  but I already got the tires wont hurt to test

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »
Running rims that will provide enough offset for the calipers to be completely clear of the inside of the rim may get expensive in terms of unit bearings.

You'll probably also find that the rear fender on a JK tends to collect all of the slush that the front fender does not block.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 02:40:27 AM »
Running rims that will provide enough offset for the calipers to be completely clear of the inside of the rim may get expensive in terms of unit bearings.

You'll probably also find that the rear fender on a JK tends to collect all of the slush that the front fender does not block.

ill claim warranty on the bearings haha, these are swampper 15 inch tires so will only be for summer, I measured the caliper and disks I think I can get away with it not rubbing, doesn't any one have these kinda adapters I can test out?

Offline jkrubi

• Budget Lift
Spacer adaptors 5/5 to 5/4.5
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 05:50:50 AM »
You can run 33 rubber on a stock jk, you may have to remove the plastic air dam thingy on the bumper. Lots of people do it with 16/17 rims, stock rims with spacers if it's 12.5 wide, or get the correct backs spacing. What's gonna be the issue is the 15 rim, they don't have a lot of room for the calliper to clear. Some fit some don't, even if you get one to fit the others may not, differences in manufacturing and tolerances for each rim.
I think finding that spacer 5- 4.5, is gonna be hard I don't see a lot of people trying to put 15 rubber on to the jk as the clearance issue scares them away. There are a few jk's running around with aftermarket 15 rims but most are going with 17 now, 18 are becoming somewhat easy to find rubber for as well.
If you have clearance issue and still want to run the rims, you can grind off some of the calipers to make room, not the best solution but it works.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 08:41:08 AM »
ill claim warranty on the bearings haha, these are swampper 15 inch tires so will only be for summer, I measured the caliper and disks I think I can get away with it not rubbing, doesn't any one have these kinda adapters I can test out?

I wish you the best of luck.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »
We have done a few jk's with 15" rims, the proper black steel wheels with proper back spacing do fit. Alloy rims are too thick and are hit and miss if they fit or not.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
We have done a few jk's with 15" rims, the proper black steel wheels with proper back spacing do fit. Alloy rims are too thick and are hit and miss if they fit or not.

well the inside of the rims I got are 14.25 inches

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
i feel sorry for your jeep already.
have you even made a payment on it yet? and already you're talking about warranty issues you are knowingly going to bring up.

poor jeep
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »
i feel sorry for "your" jeep already.

guys im asking for a test fit if you got what im asking for then please chime in if not then please do not comment, I didn't ask if it will ruin my bearings or the jeep altogether, all I want to see for my self if they will not rub and how much they will stick out if im not happy with how they are they will be going up for sale

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 01:59:09 PM by Moezer »

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »
You can run 33 rubber on a stock jk, you may have to remove the plastic air dam thingy on the bumper. Lots of people do it with 16/17 rims, stock rims with spacers if it's 12.5 wide, or get the correct backs spacing. What's gonna be the issue is the 15 rim, they don't have a lot of room for the calliper to clear. Some fit some don't, even if you get one to fit the others may not, differences in manufacturing and tolerances for each rim.
I think finding that spacer 5- 4.5, is gonna be hard I don't see a lot of people trying to put 15 rubber on to the jk as the clearance issue scares them away. There are a few jk's running around with aftermarket 15 rims but most are going with 17 now, 18 are becoming somewhat easy to find rubber for as well.
If you have clearance issue and still want to run the rims, you can grind off some of the calipers to make room, not the best solution but it works.

thanks, I know not many run 15s that's why im asking to test fit them before I buy the spacers/adaptors

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »
I got a set, 5 on 5 to 5 on 4.5, they came of a JK running the set up your thinking about, with steelies. they are the blue anodized spidertrax type $150 and they are yours ! I think they are 1-1/4 but not positive

In Lake Louise - you can drive out and try them if you want but for $150 you may as well buy em if your going to bother spending the gas money.

lemme know what you want to do, if your coming out I'll measure the thickness 1st

Don't ask me how I got them - stupid arse kijiji
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler

Offline Moezer

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
I got a set, 5 on 5 to 5 on 4.5, they came of a JK running the set up your thinking about, with steelies. they are the blue anodized spidertrax type $150 and they are yours ! I think they are 1-1/4 but not positive

In Lake Louise - you can drive out and try them if you want but for $150 you may as well buy em if your going to bother spending the gas money.

lemme know what you want to do, if your coming out I'll measure the thickness 1st

Don't ask me how I got them - stupid arse kijiji

wahahahahah I was looking for those ones on kijiji lol

Offline LLYJ

• UberWheeler
  • carport ghetto fab
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 07:48:48 AM »
The guy who sold them to me had the bolt patterns wrong in his description - I bought them sight unseen....dur

I sent a pm
51 Willys CJ3A - V6, SM420, T18, D44/27 lockers
93 YJ, starting to see light at the end of the carport
98 ZJ, 5.2l - DD with too many go go gadgets
05 Dodge 2500HD hauler