Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 2014 Dual top package  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Captain Awesome

• Stocker
2014 Dual top package
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:30:56 AM »
Hello there, I recently purchased a 2014 unlimited Altitude. The dealership never mentioned dual tops or anything when we purchased. I checked out my build sheet online and it showed it should have come with the dual top package which reads that it should be the premium soft top. So I called Chrysler Canada and they confirmed, so I called the dealership and they agreed. They ordered it and I picked it up the other day. The soft top they sent me is the vinyl one with the grey interior not the dark interior with the pattern made out of the acrylic material. I just wanted to see if anyone could confirm that the dual top package is supposed to come with the upgraded material.  Thanks!

Offline yycwrangler

• Stocker
Re: 2014 Dual top package
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:04:53 AM »
Hi Captain

As an owner of a 2014 Sahara, my unit didn't come with a dual package. So I'm looking for the premium soft top as well. In my research it seems the easiest way to identify the premium is by the interior cloth. Instead of a grey interior, which is OEM, it will be a black diamond material. The windows are thicker also. As to what I have read, many had to pay an additional 200-400 to get the premium top. Funny enough in many of my readings, the stealerships had no idea that there was a premium and OEM soft top. Again from my research, I highly recommend you stick to your guns or pay additional amounts to get the premium..Many folks swear by the difference in sound levels and insulation qualities as well as overall quality of zippers etc..For your reference, I have tracked down the mopar premium part number to 82213652

Hope that helps

Cheers
Al

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: 2014 Dual top package
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »
It's a soft top. It's purpose is to be off as much as possible.

Worrying about premium vs non-premium soft tops is kinda like worrying about whether you should domestic or imported beer when you intend to pour it on an obnoxious dude's head. Just buy something and git 'er done!
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(