Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: YJ Clutch System  (Read 1973 times)

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
YJ Clutch System
« on: June 22, 2005, 10:16:28 PM »
Well I have been having a lot of problems with maintaining pedal pressure in my '95 YJ for some time now.  So tonight I finally got around to replacing my hydraulic system.  It was probably almost as easy as doing an oil change.  So asia, if you are still having problems with yours, go buy the whole system, cost me $180 at Big 4 and do it.
'95 YJ with a few mods

Wif

YJ Clutch System
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:28:16 PM »
maybe for you guys with external slaves ..  :mrgreen:

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
YJ Clutch System
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:26:03 PM »
My clutch slave is still leaking slowly, I top it up every two trips.  I checked a couple of places and the whole system, reservoir, master cylinder, connecting hose and slave cylinder come as a sealed unit and cost $225 and $247 at the two places I checked.  Your deal sounds better.  Yeah, I just need to do it.
near stock advocate

yjpaul

YJ Clutch System
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:39:57 AM »
Yea, nice having that external slave aint it.  Unfortunatly for some of us with internals, it proves to be not so fun and easy.  Not so long ago i had a problem with my hydraulics just eating fluid, so much that after 3 or four stop lights i would have to add fluid.  If i wasnt quick enough air would just get in there.  So the problem went away for a little bit and i went on a trip bout 30 minutes from my house.  Lost all my fluid and had to find a way to drive home with a permanently closed clutch.  Lets just say i tried not to stop because i had to use my starter to start my truck and get it moving from any stops.  What a bloody pain.

Thanks to a good friend of mine for the idea of using the starter though.

Wif

YJ Clutch System
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 01:38:08 PM »
Quote from: "yjpaul"
... Thanks to a good friend of mine for the idea of using the starter though.

been there done that .. just not much fun trying to pull away up hills ..  :lol:

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
YJ Clutch System
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 06:51:03 PM »
After much delay I bought the complete clutch hydaulic system from Varsity for $205 and after more delay finally installed it today.  It was pretty easy to do and it works fine.  No more topping up the reservoir weekly.
near stock advocate

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
YJ Clutch System
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 05:09:18 PM »
See I told you so  8)
'95 YJ with a few mods