Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: maclean july 16  (Read 4012 times)

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
maclean july 16
« on: July 14, 2006, 10:07:24 PM »
anyone up for a run out to maclean on sunday????
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp
01 WJ, the pavement princess that has been mirror deep in a hole
RIP -- 88 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 31 MT

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
maclean july 16
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 05:21:53 PM »
The rumor is there will be a run on Sunday, 9:30 at the maclean store. I will not be able to make it, But several people at the S&S said they would be there.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
maclean july 16
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 05:55:09 PM »
Hey I will be there, but if someone could give me there phone # so if iget lost going to this place I can call them.
See you all there, I can't Wait.
Mike

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
maclean july 16
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 05:56:57 PM »
PS did Everybody see my Pathetic RTI Ramp attempt.
If not youll hear about it.

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
maclean july 16
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 06:54:43 PM »
I'd be on if any such plan was suitable for a rookie with a stock TJ.  Just looking to get outdoors in the sun in the great wide open and maybe have a cookout with new friends.  Doing jack squat else this weekend and the early drive down 22 would be sweet.

If the route meant my not holding up/boring to death the hard-core, I'd be interested for sure.
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
maclean july 16
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 07:48:27 PM »
Quote from: "BUKI"
PS did Everybody see my Pathetic RTI Ramp attempt.
If not youll hear about it.

everyone starts somewhere.

at least you hit the ramp. That is more than I can say for myself.

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
maclean july 16
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:07:30 PM »
i think it fair to say that everyone is welcome... as long as they have the normal requirements.....tow hooks front and rear, tow strap( no metal ends ), suitable tires and some form of communication either CD or frs.  Anyhow it was decided as posted meet at the Maclean Creek Store at 9:30..... if anyone needs further directions or such,  post and you will get an answer.

Eugene
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp

Offline Rubicon Josh

• Budget Lift
Count in the rubicon crew
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »
Hey eugene!

I think I'll be in tomorrow morning. Went out today to give some newbies a tour and got about 2 km into the fisher west trail before they said it was "too extreme". Was hoping to do the same run that Dom took us on for the St. Baptiste day run and was pretty bummed to have to turn around. My mom wants to come along for the adventure and of course liam will be riding shot gun.
What run were you thinkin of doing?

Josh
First completed AEV Rubicon in Alberta and only the fourth in Canada!

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
maclean july 16
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2006, 09:06:37 PM »
i am pretty much game for just about anything other than fisher east .... i figure we would decide at the store depending on who and what vehicles show up.

Eugene

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
maclean july 16
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 11:10:09 PM »
My brother and I will be there  :wink:
near stock advocate

Offline Rubicon Josh

• Budget Lift
Woooowie! The first to post after the trip!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 08:48:05 PM »
Great day guys! As per usual we had a fantastic day of wheeling out at Mclean Creek. A little more carnage than most trips, but what a blast. Besides the best way for a newbie (Mike) to get experience is to start wrecking stuff. I bet before next weekend rolls around Mike will have removed his cold air intake and replaced it with the stock air box and will take those deep puddles a lot slower.

Also a big thanks to Rick for showing me the limitations of a modified Rubicon. It's always nice when some one is willing to put their rig on the line first to show what happens when the limits have been met. Hope to get some great pics of Ricks jeep  standing on the tail gate.

As for the pics that I took.If any one wants them PM me with your email addy and I will email them to you in return for any pics that you took. If you want to speed up the process you can add me to your Messenger and i'll just send them during a conversation. My messenger is: [email protected]

Hope to have my cooling problem sorted out lickedy split so as not to miss out on any runs next weekend.

Josh
First completed AEV Rubicon in Alberta and only the fourth in Canada!

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
maclean july 16
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 10:36:33 PM »
Hey you are always supposed to go gung ho in the puddles, What are you talking about?  And My poor fender, Thanks Eugene.  Just kidding.
It didnt look bad after I pulled it back out (besides the bra covers it up).
Thank you to everyone, Both ME and Vanessa (Wifey) Had the time of our lives.

Mike

PS.  Hopefully next time I slam into a rut Ill get at least SOME body Damage.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
maclean july 16
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 10:24:02 AM »
Hey Josh I was wondering how your fan was working.
I was also wondering if you could get your old parts back.
I can weld the clutch to a fixed position (hopefully), and we can bring it along on the next trail ride. So if it hapens again to whomever well be prepared.  It wont look nice though my welding SUCKS.
Mike