Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Waiparous Camping  (Read 2839 times)

GreenTJ

Waiparous Camping
« on: July 19, 2006, 10:16:12 PM »
The govt has done it again. The Waiparous area campgrounds are now provincial parks. Because of this there is no random camping within 1 KM of any campground currently in Waiparous. This means that the sites just past the gravel pit beside the river are now closed. I was out there last weekend planning to camp there and SRD had placed large rocks blocking access. This access was open as of two weeks ago, it was blocked off last Wednesday, prior to the weekend. I am not sure if the voting public really has any say in the plans for this area at all.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Waiparous Camping
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 11:02:45 PM »
Quote from: "GreenTJ"
The govt has done it again. The Waiparous area campgrounds are now provincial parks. Because of this there is no random camping within 1 KM of any campground currently in Waiparous. This means that the sites just past the gravel pit beside the river are now closed. I was out there last weekend planning to camp there and SRD had placed large rocks blocking access. I am not sure if the voting public really has any say in the plans for this area at all.

It's not New... it is part of stupid GAMP.