Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: I guess it needs to be said.  (Read 1555 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
I guess it needs to be said.
« on: February 25, 2019, 02:00:02 PM »
I didn’t ever think something like this would ever have to be said.
If you’re out wheeling in the backcountry, and someone gets hurt, serious or not, number one priority is to get that person sorted out. Everyone in the group helps out. Period!
If they need a band aid or a call to Stars. Everyone in the group helps out.
Yes your wheeling day may come to an end earlier then planned. But someone’s life should not come second to your wheeling day.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: I guess it needs to be said.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »
Now tell us the backstory on why this had to be said
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 02:39:09 PM »
A group was out wheeling this past weekend. One of the guys in the group had a heart attack. He was stuffed into the front seat of a TJ and driven to meet Stars at a ranger station. Rest of the group continued on their trail run.
There were concerns raised about putting the guy in a back seat in case cpr had to be performed. But they were brushed aside and he was put in a front seat of a TJ.
I’m trying to get more details on the situation.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 04:22:50 PM »
Holy crap!
I guess it’s the all about me generation doing what they do best.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 05:53:14 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty sad that this is how people handled the situation.  Out of 12-15 rigs out there only 3 (one being the gentleman's daughter. The other 2 had just met him that day) helped get him out.  The rest (some being self declared "close friends") carried on and later posted their pictures of a good day wheeling.  They also left his truck out on the trail.

My hat is off to those who stepped up to help this poor guy out when he needed it most!  Thank you for being decent human beings!

And I will never wheel with his "close" friends.  I find it quite disgusting.  In that situation every second away from medical attention matters.  What if something went wrong with the group getting him out?  Then they are doing a recovery with minimal vehicles and a critical guy in one of them.  So many things that can go wrong, but they only care about making sure their trip is still amazing.

Do what you would hope others would do for you if you were the one needing help.

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 06:15:29 PM »
He was put into a Toyota. I applaud his daughter for doing what she did but she should not of been put into that situation. Of the many people who were part of the situation more should have stepped up. She was alone in a very terrifying situation for a significant time. This is something that does need to be said because obviously the wheeling code of leave no one or rig behind no longer exists in some circles.

Be careful who you wheel with. I never thought I’d have to worry about this but not ever group takes care of others.

Waterfalls and wheeling is never as important as someone’s life! If you are not part of the first responders as you have no medical training you can ALWAYS provide assistance. Someone stepped up and cleared the road to ensure the “emergency” vehicle was able to get through which is amazing!! We are in this together no matter your skills.

This is also a great reminder to always ensure you have a stocked first aid kit with extra supplies. Also I’ve always preached for those in “clubs” to have the person in charge of the runs trained in some sort of first aid/medical training. crap happens and you never now if you will be part of it. I hope not but you never can know! Someone’s life or limb may depend on you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why buy a Jeep when you can walk for free🤪🤪🤪🤪

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
I've been in the position where I - and every single person in the group I was with - dropped what we were doing to ensure that someone who was injured got prompt medical attention and was fully taken care of.

This horse puckey where part of a group takes off when someone is in the midst of a legitimate medical emergency is absolute garbage - and I'll happily say the same to the pilot of any rig that chose not to accompany someone to complete safety in that situation. The difference being if I'm saying it to their face, I'll probably be a wee bit less polite.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 08:17:21 AM »
I'd really prefer to believe that circumstances didn't go down as coldly as it's sounding... Crazy
Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 09:38:20 AM »
I'd really prefer to believe that circumstances didn't go down as coldly as it's sounding... Crazy
I’d like to believe that as well. But I just don’t feel that’s the case.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline taegeuk

• Budget Lift
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 08:29:12 AM »
I also have been in emergency situation where we needed stars but luckily everyone helped and stayed together. Was a few years ago. Common sense ain’t that common anymore.
2000 TJ 4 1/2” x series lift, 35” wrangler MTR,TMR fenders & bumpers

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 12:04:42 PM »
There is a fund raiser to help the people effected. Think we may be missing part of the story.
 https://www.facebook.com/donate/2181857745170077/?fundraiser_source=external_url

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »
There is a fund raiser to help the people effected. Think we may be missing part of the story.
 https://www.facebook.com/donate/2181857745170077/?fundraiser_source=external_url

I don’t think you’re missing anything important. Here’s a picture of all the “friends” who were “helping” aka this is where they were while the 2% of the group were providing real assistance. But hey they made it to the waterfalls!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why buy a Jeep when you can walk for free🤪🤪🤪🤪