Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New to this HELP  (Read 8126 times)

Rony

New to this HELP
« on: July 23, 2006, 05:36:52 PM »
hey there, I am a newbie please be kind hehehe

I am from Medicine Hat, and we apparently have a lack of area to play in. I have a 2004 TJ Sport and its all stock. I would like to take her out and play with her before I decide what mod's I would like to do. Also I am fairly new to the Jeep 4 wheelin thing. If anyone is going out after or on the 12th of August let me know. I was invited to Maclean this weekend, unfortunately work dictated other. I wouldnt mind joining up with some people. Hopefully getting a chance to try her out and break her in.

Kryss

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
New to this HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 03:49:47 PM »
Well, keep an eye out on the Trail Rides section, and when the time comes that you are coming west, take a look see at what is planned.

Nothing wrong with new people trying out the 4x4 hobby. But do be prepared, it gets to be an extremely expensive hobby!

Welcome!
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
New to this HELP
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:42:18 PM »
What are you saying Chris. I thought the Jeep Fairy brought me new Ring and Pinion if I put a broken gear tooth under my pillow.

I wish I was a crack adict, it would be cheaper.

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
New to this HELP
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 05:49:28 PM »
Quote from: "apex"
I thought the Jeep Fairy brought me new Ring and Pinion if I put a broken gear tooth under my pillow.

Hopefully the Jeep Proctologist won't put an SYE into your...

Cause that would need torque!!!

Sadly, the Jeep fairy in my house is my paycheque, which never seems to be big enough...
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
New to this HELP
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:17:59 PM »
Quote from: "Elsifer"
Hopefully the Jeep Proctologist won't put an SYE into your...

Proctologist... is that an ear, nose and throath doctor? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You want to put a SYE up your .....  nose?

You weird Chris!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

P... F... S...

Hijack end...

WELCOME ABORD!!

Rony

New to this HELP
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 08:42:50 PM »
Just so you know Women having expensive tastes mine just dont run into the clothing and bling!

Dress my jeep up and I am happy  :lol: I dont want diamonds I want Jeep parts

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
New to this HELP
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 06:50:36 AM »
Quote from: "Rony"
Just so you know Women having expensive tastes mine just dont run into the clothing and bling!

Dress my jeep up and I am happy  :lol: I dont want diamonds I want Jeep parts

Jeep parts and modifications are great.  However, you have the right idea, come out on a few runs see what others have done and talk to them about what type of use your jeep is going to see. Then decide what you want to change. It does not all have to happen at once. My TJ made several stock runs before I made any changes and it is still mostly stock. A stock TJ with good tires can do a lot. If you go out with some experienced people the first few times you can learn the limits of your rig and when you get stuck someone will give you a pull out.

I hope you can make it out on the August 19th run. If you can’t there will be more.

Blair
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Rony

New to this HELP
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 07:49:31 AM »
Well i told my boss I was going, and I am just waiting to see who can get my CB in... I have a few weeks But I should be there I cant wait, it just needs to be done See you then and I will keep watch of what tools one should bring, not that I have many, but for a girl I have a little collection going ehehehe

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
New to this HELP
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 10:35:15 AM »
as for tools, a wratchet set or decent wrench set should be one of the first things. It doesnt hurt to bring spare fluids too. Dont forget a BFH and duct tape.

Welcome aboard.

Blair and I are headed to the falls tommorow. Really easy run, are you interested?

Rony

New to this HELP
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 12:56:32 PM »
Which falls and how far out of Calgary, Bare in mind I am comming up from Medicine Hat Directions also would be handy lol

I still have no CB till they find me one. So I might just wait till the 19th Cause I should have my CB installed (ish ) by then

Kryss

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
New to this HELP
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 05:23:52 PM »
might be a little too tame and not worth the drive from the Hat. It would be about 2 hrs NW of Ctown. Breakfast at smittys in cochrane at 8 am. leave for 9am. Look for the silver and the black TJ's. Mines topless, Blair's is a Sahara Edition.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
New to this HELP
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 07:38:57 PM »
Hey Rony, its great seeing females gettin in to this.  Me and my fience (Vanessa) went on our first 4 wheelin trip with these boys a couple of weeks ago.  It was a huge experience for us.  We came out of the import racing scene (insert joke here) with our 300 horse civic.  We will never go back to that crap ever again.  The honda was fun but this is amazing.  And these guys are the nicest people you will ever meet.  We cant wait for the run on the 19th (our second EXCURSION).  Vanessa wants me to buy her a jeep, thats how much fun she had.  We'ed love to see you there.
Mike & Vanessa

PS My rig is a very stock YJ, and did very well at Maclean (so everyone else told us.  We got stuck a couple times) and this run is supposed to be even easier.  Youll do well, and have a blast. 8)

Rony

New to this HELP
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »
aww I am getting the warm fuzzies around here..
Mark I am looking forward to meeting everyone and I am glad that I wont be the only female out there. Too much testosterone for a woman makes her kinda cranky... Plus this way when the male egos start in (lol) We can sit back and laugh..

Ok so It wont be like that, but you get the point

See you guys soon

Offline SwampRat

• UberWheeler
New to this HELP
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 06:18:16 AM »
Welcome aboard Rony, looking forward to meeting you on the trails.  I must admit, it's a great sport and IMO it's one of the few "team sports" left.  You aways have to depend on others for help of some type when you're on the trail, regardless how built your rig is. :wink:
I HATE mud and snow!!!!!!!
VE6DLR
VA6DLR

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
New to this HELP
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 10:33:15 AM »
Quote from: "Rony"
aww I am getting the warm fuzzies around here..
Mark I am looking forward to meeting everyone and I am glad that I wont be the only female out there. Too much testosterone for a woman makes her kinda cranky... Plus this way when the male egos start in (lol) We can sit back and laugh..

Ok so It wont be like that, but you get the point

See you guys soon

Welcome Kryss. Good to see more girsl getting into the hobby all the time. My wife (Spyder on here) feels like she is the only one sometimes :D

This is her jeep that we built together.

http://www.offroadcalgary.com/post/showphoto.php?photo=947&sort=1&cat=522&page=1

http://www.offroadcalgary.com/post/showphoto.php?photo=933&sort=1&cat=522&page=2

She loves wheeling as much as I do and has even more expensive taste in parts :lol:  :lol:

But thats all good with me, so long as we are doing what we like to do.

See you on the trails.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]