Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Stocker Run and Trail Clean Up / Sat. Aug. 19th  (Read 32755 times)

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
Stocker Run and Trail Clean Up / Sat. Aug. 19th
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2006, 11:00:37 AM »
I'm not saying I'm in until I'm sure I get everything ready to go, as we are currently ripping the house apart for renovations.

Coming from Sylvan Lake.....where's the best place to gas up?
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2006, 12:33:49 PM »
Most people gas up in Cochrane before breakfast.
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2006, 05:48:53 PM »
As I figured...thanks.   :wink:
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »
Quote from: "dunl"
I'm not saying I'm in until I'm sure I get everything ready to go, as we are currently ripping the house apart for renovations.

Coming from Sylvan Lake.....where's the best place to gas up?

If I was coming from Sylvan Lake, I think I would go down hwy 2, and take the Olds exit, Hwy 27 ?, then south on 22 to cremona, Gas up at the Petro-can. head south a few KM to hwy 579 to water valley. hwy 579 changes to gravel a little past water valley then keep going untill I hit Hwy40/734 then head south about 7 km's and meet us at the gravel pit at 9:30 ish. You would miss breaky at Smitty's, but you could probably sleep in for another hour. :)
If you left the gas station at Cremona at 8:30 ish that would put you at the gravel pit at about the same time as us.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2006, 06:55:10 PM »
I haven't read the whole thread.So I may have missed this.

CB channel 10

My cell phone 403 512 3073 if anyone gets in trouble on the way in. Or just wants to chat :lol:

Ian
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »
Ok, I think Im ready.  One problem though!!  I cant seem to get my CB to work.  I am not getting any answers back when I say "TEST, can anybody hear me test".  Now is this the right lingo or am I on crack.
Everything looks like its working, but I dont know anything about CBs.  Now I know that this should probably be in the CBs thread but this one seems to be more active.  AND ITS DOWN TO THE WIRE!!!  Does any one have an extra hand held CB, or no where I can get one for REALLY CHEAP, and possibly take back, when I figure mine out???  Or perhaps will a 2 way radio work for this run ONLY, and I promise to either get a NEW CB or figure out what is wrong with mine!!!

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2006, 11:33:22 PM »
Mike, I have another Cobra that you could use, only problem is I don't know if it would work or not, as it's second hand. I haven't had time to wire it in or not. Ended up mudding and sanding again this evening, having supper right now.

Good news is tow hooks, strap, and cb are ready for the run, just need put in the jeep.  I did manage to get the antenna mounted on the rear brake light bracket, though.

I'm having supper right now...I'll try to run out and test it out in a few minutes and let you know if it works or not, although if no one was on in your area to answer, you might not be getting and replies. ;)

Edited: Both seem to power up, but I seriously doubt I'd be getting any answers at 12:20 in the morning. I'll check them further tomorrow, and let you know if I have an extra for you.
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Stocky

Trail run
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2006, 01:40:06 AM »
Yahoo! I'm in! My first CJA run and with the new lift to boot! See y'all there! :D

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2006, 07:36:47 AM »
Thank god.  You rule.
are you still coming or are you going to still be workin on da house???

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2006, 12:57:48 PM »
Quote from: "BUKI"
Thank god.  You rule.
are you still coming or are you going to still be workin on da house???

Oh, I'm still working on the house, but I am planning on coming.  Funny story about that - I'll tell you tomorrow.  :roll:

Anyways...can someone tell me a good way to test a secondhand CB to make sure it is receiving? Thanks.
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2006, 01:00:04 PM »
Quote from: "TJ54"

If I was coming from Sylvan Lake, I think I would go down hwy 2, and take the Olds exit, Hwy 27 ?, then south on 22 to cremona, Gas up at the Petro-can. head south a few KM to hwy 579 to water valley. hwy 579 changes to gravel a little past water valley then keep going untill I hit Hwy40/734 then head south about 7 km's and meet us at the gravel pit at 9:30 ish. You would miss breaky at Smitty's, but you could probably sleep in for another hour. :)
If you left the gas station at Cremona at 8:30 ish that would put you at the gravel pit at about the same time as us.

I think I will probably just do the Smitty's thing, as I'm sure the pit crew would enjoy that. Thanks for the directions, though....if I'm still sanding drywall at 7:00am I might have to use them.  :lol:
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »
Looks like I'm out.  Tow hooks from PA won't fit, contrary to what I was told by others.

Unless an act of god happens, I'm screwed.
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

merlin

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2006, 08:24:41 PM »
im still in but it looks like i lost my inverter, so no power tools for me

Offline RedDog

• Budget Lift
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2006, 08:36:12 PM »
*sigh*  I did my best.  I managed to catch Rocky Mountain Off-Road before closing to get a proper strap but no luck begging, borrowing or stealing a portable CB.  I've spent my evening trying to buy one in this town and no chance - Wal-Mart, Canadian Tire, Future Shop, Best Buy, even Peavey Mart and London Drugs.  I've been everywhere.  I did find one Cobra unit but no source of power as they didn't carry the charger.  That was after 20 minutes trying to get someone to unlock the glass case in the first place.

Anyone know a 24 hr truck stop in Calgary's west end or Cochrane area that might carry a handheld CB to sell RedDog at the crack of dawn?

:cry:
I'd rather be dragging a club than clubbing in drag
05 TJ mildly enhanced • 08 Buell XB12XT • 08 Santa Cruz Superlight

TOYZ

« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2006, 09:54:38 PM »
Truck stop at Barlow and 50th Ave se sells CB'S. I found the Esso to have a good selection