Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: We lost a good one  (Read 725 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
We lost a good one
« on: January 16, 2020, 07:25:43 PM »
Been a rough day. Received the call this morning that our good friend Andy Chiasson (More RPM Fred) passed away yesterday. Sudden and unexpected. Family and friends are still in shock. Funeral arrangements should be known within the next few days. There will be info on his FB page and I’ll pass that info on here as well.
Andy was a passionate 4x4 and outdoor enthusiast. His priorities were to get our trails open for everyone to use. His favorite trails were in southern Alberta. He represented the club at all the meetings with the government. It’s not an easy job but Andy handled it without an issue. He was an odd fellow in many ways but his intentions were always pure. He looked out for us when we had no idea what to do. He will be missed by many. Our community took a big hit. Andy was a jeeper through and through. He’s in a better place, hitting the best trails and we know he’s got some good friends with him.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
Re: We lost a good one
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:08:22 AM »
Very sad news... Andy was a great guy who made an incredible contribution to the trail effort in southern Alberta. 

Offline GoChris

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 04:56:58 PM »
Sad and unfortunate indeed. Sorry for your loss, I only briefly knew him but he was super nice to everyone new.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 05:20:58 PM »
Andy was a great guy. I don’t think I ever met somebody more passionate about the fight to keep the trails open. He will be missed by many.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 05:56:48 PM »
Yep, tough to find another to fill his shoes... a sincere and genuine guy.
He will be dearly missed 😞🤙
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 08:58:59 PM »
WOW!!!  I just can't believe this.  I just got a call from Barb, an old acquaintance to Andy and I to let me know of Andy's passing.  I've wheeled with Andy many times many years ago and have only bumped into him periodically over the years.  Sad to see a fellow wheeler pass so early.  R.I.P. old friend.

Gunther
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 09:07:51 PM by Hi Lo Silver »

Offline Graveltravels

• Budget Lift
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:40:22 AM »

I’m really glad I got out with him this summer again, and got to go over north fork and racehorse with him. We stopped in the usual spots. There’s a couple of us working on some memoirist plaques for him, I want to get one here, and a couple more spots as well. He was a good man, a good friend, and I’m missing him already. Just shows how these vehicles can bring us together, and make solid friendships that last. Cheers Andy. May there be trails for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk