So, naturally I took the thing apart. After removing the bolts and starting to pry it apart, it started leaking water, that's not normal.
Oh, well that is quite a bit of mud where there shouldn't be mud.
Yuck, will need to clean all this out.
Yup, those are rusty.
Time for some wire wheel action, looks better now.
Then I greased it all up and put it back together, the gasket was good so I reused it. Forgot to take pics, but nothing exciting.
I confirmed the motor worked before I put it all back on the Jeep, that was a relief, as the replacements are not worth the cost, pretty sure they are over $1k.
Works now and the sway bar light stopped flashing, hurray! Time for more wheeling!