Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: McLean Creek gravel pit  (Read 744 times)

Offline MOABICON

• Budget Lift
  • MOABICON
McLean Creek gravel pit
« on: October 06, 2020, 08:18:28 AM »
Is the gravel pit at Mclean still open to Jeeps?
03 TJ, 4" lift, 33's, Eaton eLockers- Front & Rear, winch, CB

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: McLean Creek gravel pit
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 03:24:53 PM »
Still open to jeeps just not easy getting to it without going through quad trails or a tight fit at the unloading area.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 11:02:24 AM »
Still open to jeeps just not easy getting to it without going through quad trails or a tight fit at the unloading area.
so technically “no”...  ;)
MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 12:36:49 PM »
Gravel pit mclean? I thought waiperous, cant remember mclean gravel pit. Looked at Google Maps, brings back fond memories. Is the club still active with runs out to Mclean? I remember a few times a year or two ago driving past store (fishing/camp site) and seeing some jeep groups there. I was jealous.

Havent had the wheels to do much wheeling over the past many years. Anyway its been awhile for me, but I'm actively looking for an offroad rig now. I've always been a Jeep guy, XJ's and a Sahara YJ square headlight. Probably go XJ again, but never much room inside to sleep in it, 6"+ club. Sidekick for the fuel mileage, but I wont be driving it much so XJ it is, went to the dark side for a bit with electric.

Are there still many XJ's at PNP? Gosh I remember doing a complete rear end in that rocky parking lot.

Sad to see Waiperous on the news with the fire set off by a campfire.

I like the look of the site, got rid of the insta-chat feature.

Offline xjglasses

• Winch Wench
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 12:59:16 PM »
... Probably go XJ again, but never much room inside to sleep in it, 6"+ club ...

napier sportz cove #61500 attaches like 1/2 a tent to rear of xj with liftgate up complete with mesh screen - zippers - rain fly , gives us 6"+ about 2 extra feet outward, bestbuy has (had) them for $129 , been using one for awhile now.
97 xj sport - stock
89 yj base  - 33's, arb

*coming to you live from inside a 4L