Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Firewood permit changes - TM66 is replaced by the PUFPP  (Read 1186 times)

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
Firewood permit changes - TM66 is replaced by the PUFPP
« on: March 24, 2021, 11:09:48 AM »
Chris pointed out that the TM66 has been replaced by the Personal Use Forest Products Permit, which is now free. 

I dunno if the rules are changed but the rules with the TM66 was Print it, sign it, and complete it.  The ticket for collecting wood without a valid permit was $300.

Tall Rob

Sold: Silver 06 Rubicon - 35"
Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Firewood permit changes - TM66 is replaced by the PUFPP
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 01:56:30 PM »
This is to collect any wood from crown land and bring it home? Includes deadfall too?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 02:16:00 PM »
Yeah that's outlined on the permit but you need the permit to cut wood to burn at camp, and to transport home.
As a rule you can't cut any green standing spruce/pine/etc
You can cut green standing poplar/birch
You can cut any standing dead
Tall Rob

Current: 92hp True selectable 4x4, Spooled rear diff, Electric front locker, 30" Mud Tires, Snorkel. Warn Axon 35s.

Offline ornamental

• UberWheeler
    • http://www.webshots/users/yeungstreet
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 09:17:15 PM »
I just looked up my Permit from November 2020.
   it took only a few minutes online and was emailed to me.   valid for a month.   no place for a signature

Offline Tee-Hee

• CJA Members
  • Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 09:16:27 AM »
Here’s the link to the info if anyone’s interested. And yes it’s free now

https://www.alberta.ca/tree-cutting-permits.aspx
Why buy a Jeep when you can walk for free🤪🤪🤪🤪

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 01:22:13 PM »
I just looked up my Permit from November 2020.
   it took only a few minutes online and was emailed to me.   valid for a month.   no place for a signature

I probably should have pulled one of the new PUFPP's before commenting but yes 100% no place for a signature.
Tall Rob

Offline fedropor

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »
Yeah that's outlined on the permit but you need the permit to cut wood to burn at camp, and to transport home.

You can use deadfall at camp without permit. I think this includes any size trees or species.

Using timber for firewood
Permit not required: To collect deadfall for firewood use onsite, you do not need a PUFPP.
Permit required: If you plan to transport any firewood timber within Alberta (for example, back to your home) you will need a PUFPP.

Terms and Conditions:
https://extranet.gov.ab.ca/env/treecuttingpermits/permits/ViewPermitsCondition.aspx?fileName=PermitCondition.pdf
That documents implies any timber, not just deadfall.
"When random camping on vacant Crown land, a permit is not required to cut firewood for use at the campsite"

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:05:34 AM by fedropor »
98 TJ
05 LJ

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 01:10:18 PM »
You can use deadfall at camp without permit. I think this includes any size trees or species.

Using timber for firewood
Permit not required: To collect deadfall for firewood use onsite, you do not need a PUFPP.
Permit required: If you plan to transport any firewood timber within Alberta (for example, back to your home) you will need a PUFPP.

Terms and Conditions:
https://extranet.gov.ab.ca/env/treecuttingpermits/permits/ViewPermitsCondition.aspx?fileName=PermitCondition.pdf
That documents implies any timber, not just deadfall.
"When random camping on vacant Crown land, a permit is not required to cut firewood for use at the campsite"

I hate the wording. So you can cut a tree down and burn it at camp, you can cut up deadfall and burn it at camp and you can cut down a dead tree and burn it at camp and none of these scenarios would need a permit?
But if you collect deadfall, cut a live or dead tree down and bring it home you need a permit?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline fedropor

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:30 PM »
I hate the wording. So you can cut a tree down and burn it at camp, you can cut up deadfall and burn it at camp and you can cut down a dead tree and burn it at camp and none of these scenarios would need a permit?
But if you collect deadfall, cut a live or dead tree down and bring it home you need a permit?

That's what it says.
I guess it's not personal use unless you take it home.
98 TJ
05 LJ

Offline slanktapper

• UberWheeler
  • Rob
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 01:23:28 PM »
What if I cut it 20 minutes up the trail and transport it back... confusing to say the least
Tall Rob