Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Noco Genius Booster  (Read 823 times)

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
Noco Genius Booster
« on: January 04, 2022, 03:58:09 PM »
Anyone else have one of these lithium booster packs?  I got a Noco Genius GB70 HD for Christmas, the 2000 amp.  Fully charged and tried on a friends car with no success today.  I think he’s having a problem with the immobilizer.  But…. I noticed when I connect it to the battery (11.3 volts) it will only bring the voltage up to 11.7 when I turn it on.  Even if I let it sit for a bit.

So, I tested it on the bench with the voltmeter.  Turned on manual override and connected the leads, 11.7 volts.  Seems a little low to start anything.  Shouldn’t it be like 13 or so?  Can it boost with a lower voltage because of the high amp output?  Does anyone else have one of these they could test with a voltmeter?

Thanks!

I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: Noco Genius Booster
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 04:43:30 PM »
I have a Canadian Tire Eliminator boost pack that has been sitting in the Jeep since around last April (which was the last time I charged it). The indicator lights told me it’s still at 100% and when I connected a volt meter it showed 11.89 volts so I doubt the problem is with your booster pack.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 05:01:17 PM »
Awesome, thanks!  Maybe that’s the norm for these things. 

Offline rws

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Stump Grinder
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 07:59:43 AM »
Anyone else have one of these lithium booster packs?  I got a Noco Genius GB70 HD for Christmas, the 2000 amp.  Fully charged and tried on a friends car with no success today.  I think he’s having a problem with the immobilizer.  But…. I noticed when I connect it to the battery (11.3 volts) it will only bring the voltage up to 11.7 when I turn it on.  Even if I let it sit for a bit.

So, I tested it on the bench with the voltmeter.  Turned on manual override and connected the leads, 11.7 volts.  Seems a little low to start anything.  Shouldn’t it be like 13 or so?  Can it boost with a lower voltage because of the high amp output?  Does anyone else have one of these they could test with a voltmeter?

Thanks!

I have had  the same model for years with amazing success at boosting vehicles, charging cell phone while camping etc.  When boosting turn on the manual over ride, if this does not work call their tech support line, something is wrong with your unit.  I had the same problem and my Noco was replaced under warranty. 

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 10:54:04 AM »
I’m gonna have to throw a dead battery in the exploder and test it out.

Offline Razor

• Budget Lift
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 01:36:41 PM »
I have the GB40 and it works great unless the battery is stone dead, then nada.