Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: JK Lift Kits  (Read 425 times)

Offline Mingler

• Winch Wench
JK Lift Kits
« on: April 27, 2022, 10:02:11 AM »
I'm looking at lift kits for 2dr JK and I'm looking for a good solutions without getting crazy expensive.  Flirting with Teraflex and/or JKS as my top two solutions.  Couple of questions I'm hoping peeps can answer for me.
- What has the consensus been on lifts for people?
- Is there a preferred shop in town that is the new go-to for either purchasing or installing?

Appreciate any and all input.

Offline MattMan

• Administrator
  • That CB Yapper
  • old age & treachery wins over youth & vigour
Re: JK Lift Kits
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 06:59:17 PM »
I'm looking at lift kits for 2dr JK and I'm looking for a good solutions without getting crazy expensive.  Flirting with Teraflex and/or JKS as my top two solutions.  Couple of questions I'm hoping peeps can answer for me.
- What has the consensus been on lifts for people?
- Is there a preferred shop in town that is the new go-to for either purchasing or installing?

Appreciate any and all input.
I’ve run a Rough Country 3.0”/2.5” coil lift with shocks since 2014 and its worked well for what I paid for it.

MattMan

'21 JL Rubi, 3.6l 8spd, Warn VR10, 2.5" lift, Tazered w/35’s

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
Re: JK Lift Kits
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 09:18:32 PM »
You have a lot of options.  What are you going to do with the jeep?  90% daily 10% offroad? Mostly offroad? 

There are basic spacer kits all the way up to coils, all controls arms track bars etc.

I like a good metalcloak or clayton offroad kit myself.  Terflex and jks do have good quality kits as well.  I tend to steer people away from rough country.  It is budget friendly, but bushings and shocks tend not to last very long.

I'd be happy to quote you parts or install if you'd like.  Shoot me an email at [email protected].  I'm just south of Calgary now.